Talk

Advanced search

What to replace my miele cat and dog with?

(15 Posts)
rainbowinthesky Sun 26-Jun-11 10:37:39

We've had enough of paying a ridiculous amount for bags and not being able to buy them locally - can only get them from internet.

When we bought it we had 3 dogs and now only have one short haired so no need for the cat and dog bit.

Dont want to spend over a 100 and would rather have something I can get bags for from Tescos or be bagless.

Any recommendations?

RachelHRD Sun 26-Jun-11 11:00:25

How much are you paying for bags? I got some from Ebay which were around 85p each.

I think you will be disappointed with the performance of other hoovers. My Miele has been by far the best hoover we've ever had!!

Seona1973 Sun 26-Jun-11 16:26:16

argos do the miele bags

DizzyDummy Sun 26-Jun-11 20:48:04

Dyson Animal, it's fab and I have 3 hairy beats & no nags needed wink

Cutiecat Wed 29-Jun-11 00:12:54

DO NOT GET THE DYSON. I had one before the Miele and was a money pit. I would stick with it and just bulk buy the bags on ebay. They have them on Amazon too.

Samtor Wed 29-Jun-11 15:20:35

Why would you want to replace the best hoover available. There isn't a replacement worth having. Just source the bags its worth it in the end.

DizzyDummy Wed 29-Jun-11 16:07:28

Is the Miele Cat and Dog that good? Please elaborate.

Cutiecat Wed 29-Jun-11 22:30:25

It is good. Great suction and filtration. Easy to pull about, light to carry and great design. Would not have any other vaccuum cleaner. Love it.

Popbiscuit Wed 29-Jun-11 22:38:10

I love the Cat and Dog too. We used to have a central vac. system (Canada) but this is better. Doesn't bash up your walls and easy to take up and down the stairs. When we bought it we did quite a bit of research <nerds> and it was supposed to be "the best".

Ponders Wed 29-Jun-11 22:59:50

I have a (non-cat & dog) Miele & love it to bits despite the cost of bags - they are such good quality bags, don't let dust through, & it only really loses suction when the bag is completely stuffed.

If yours still works ok I think you'd be mad to get another just because of paying for bags! (I buy mine in bulk, saves on p&p & lasts for months)

bumpybecky Wed 29-Jun-11 23:04:04

I have the miele cat dog, it's now 10 years old and I was also v fed up buying bags. I tried the unbranded ones from eBay and they were nowhere near as good as the proper ones sad

It is good with pet hair, but fairly hopeless with girl hair. We've got 2 cats and two very hairy girls!

We bought a bagless Samsung from tesco a couple of months ago. It's much better at hair than the miele, but the filter gets gunked up quite quickly. It needs rinsing under a tap to clean, but then must dry for 12 hours, so can be a bit irritating. I've stopped rinsing it now and am using the miele to clean the samsung filter!

moonbells Thu 30-Jun-11 11:50:41

Argos do the bags but blimey the price! Mine come from the local indie white goods shop at a tenner for four. Though it was much better when we got five for £6.99 before the £ lost so much value against the €

(just found them here for £8.99 for 4 plus £1.50 per order P&P, so buying more than one box works out cheaper than my local.)

Ponders Thu 30-Jun-11 18:53:33

I'm still working my through my last bulk order when I got boxes of 5 - box says 4+1 so 5th was a bonus? - for only about £5 each iirc.

But it was quite some time ago (I don't hoover very often grin)

Ponders Thu 30-Jun-11 19:09:03

dustbag.co.uk - these are copies but sound as if they're like the genuine Miele bags - £5.99 for 5 or £19.99 for 20

Is the increased price really down to €/£ exchange rates? I suppose that makes sense...a bit...(The £ hasn't weakened that much!)

unifit.co.uk genuine Miele bags £9.99, Unifit £5.99

I think I might try a couple of the copies... dustbag only charge £1 for delivery.

Furball Thu 30-Jun-11 19:15:58

I get mine direct from Miele - they are £9.98 and if you buy 2 lots it's free postage

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now