Talk

Advanced search

Nothing has ever focused my mind on cleaning my house properly more than........

(14 Posts)
Milliways Thu 23-Jun-11 21:28:39

.....the fact that 170 people are arriving here for a Barbeque on Saturday!

(Oh, and DD gets back from Uni tomorrow)

If it rains, I am truly stuffed!

Wish me luck, and pray for sunshine. smile

IHeartKingThistle Thu 23-Jun-11 21:32:15

170??? shock

How many sausages is that???

grin

Milliways Thu 23-Jun-11 21:40:35

You should see my Freezer - chock full of Magnums & Soleros. Neighboiurs have 200 sausages for us & the burgers & kebabs are delivered on the day from the butcher.

Bread rolls coming from Sainsburys.

LoopyLoopsBettyBoops Thu 23-Jun-11 21:42:28

That's not a barbeque! 170! Wow.

Good luck! (where did you find all these people?)

Milliways Thu 23-Jun-11 21:46:20

They are some of our church friends, plus neighbours etc. We are a friendly bunch who turn out on droves for anything social that involves food.

Driftwood999 Fri 24-Jun-11 16:25:27

No no no! Do not clean your house properly do that after grin Clean toilets, supply clean hand towels and plenty of bog roll. Put a sign on the WC. Clear hall of all clutter, shoes etc, have a designated area for coats (weather permitting!) Have bin areas, ie, the stronger binbags taped discretely around. Delegate and do not turn down any offers of help. Have a wonderful time.

WhoAteMySnickers Fri 24-Jun-11 19:14:09

Blimey, I thought DH's party next week with 50 people at the house was ambitious! I had written a list of jobs for this weekend but I'm actually going to go with Driftwood's suggestion instead. grin

Hope the rain stays off for you!

OhYouBadBadKitten Fri 24-Jun-11 19:28:12

Crikey! If you tried that at my house everyone would be so packed in like sardines that there wouldnt be room for any dirt grin
I bet you are glad that it is pretty much a good forecast once any morning rain has cleared.

Milliways Fri 24-Jun-11 20:57:38

Thanks, yes the weather is looking good smile

There is no way we could get even half those people indoors, but yes, they do trek through for the loo, or need a room to feed/change a baby etc.

I have crates lined up for recycling rubbish (glass and plastic bottles) and will have lots of bin bags outside.

OhYouBadBadKitten Sat 25-Jun-11 08:53:04

You sound very organised smile Good luck!!!!!!

GwendolineMaryLacey Sat 25-Jun-11 08:59:05

170?! shock. Seven people for a BBQ would throw me into a spin! Sounds amazing, good luck!

Milliways Sat 25-Jun-11 23:25:28

Just putting my feet up now. The weather was amazing, all the kids well behaved, trampoline in constant use but no accidents, nothing burnt, tonnes of salads (we do a bring and share salad thing), magnums & soleros went down a treat, my parents continually washing up (even though we used paper plates for the first year).

Even the cat managed to not bring a dead bird through the crowds (has done before!).

The guys on the BBQs though were frazzled - they got SO hot and deserve a medal.

Here's to next year smile

OhYouBadBadKitten Sun 26-Jun-11 09:40:19

Well done!!!! Feet up today!

WhoAteMySnickers Sun 26-Jun-11 10:53:48

A good day had by all then! You've definitely earned a relaxing day today.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now