Talk

Advanced search

Pay someone to clean 2 sofas or hire a RugDoctor?

(7 Posts)
Gentleness Wed 22-Jun-11 21:24:24

Being stingy, I'd usually go straight down the cheapest route, but I have a 5-week-old who seems to have a growth spurt every 3rd day and a 21-month-old who is very needy and I can barely keep up with general housework and ongoing decluttering. To dh's glee I have finally agreed to consider that I may need to farm this job out... But I am still not really convinced.

What kind of money should I expect to pay for 2 cream/beige fabric sofas? Both are pretty filthy but not with big tricky stains.

Gentleness Fri 24-Jun-11 15:46:37

bump

lucky24 Sun 26-Jun-11 15:55:02

bumping for you, i would also be interested to know the costs

Geordieminx Sun 26-Jun-11 16:00:58

Rug doctor is under £50, and you can do your carpets too. It's not a difficult thing to do, although it is quite manual and time consuming. Results are amazing and disgusting at the same time..the water that came out of the machine was black.

DorisIsAPinkDragon Sun 26-Jun-11 16:15:42

rug doctor was about £30 with cleaning solution here. I did our sofa (that was easy but it was relatively clean the carpets were much harder work. I spent a day doing the whole house (and the car carpets too as they come out). Then spent then next day knackered in a house with a fairly strong smell of damp sheep grin

Gentleness Fri 01-Jul-11 20:36:06

Thanks! I had a leaflet through the day after posting with a half price cleaning sale (how does that work for them?). 2 sofas for £50, never heard of the company.

I reckon I can hire rug dr and get a friend to help me manage it with the kids around. We only have carpet in 2 bedrooms so I don't know if we'll get great value...

The stinky sheep smell is mildly offputting - the fumes must be safe for kids though confused.

UKSky Sat 02-Jul-11 22:38:14

We got someone in. £50 for 2 sofas and it was well worth it. They were extremely grubby and came up like new. You might save a few quid but do you want to spend hours doing it yourself?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now