Talk

Advanced search

Playdough in a carpet - help me please...

(15 Posts)
buttonmoon78 Tue 21-Jun-11 21:29:00

As it says really. Had a pretty awful day. DD1 was sick all over the bathroom so I was cleaning that, only to discover that ds had been playing with his playdough in the lounge which is definitely not allowed (guess he missed that part).

Anyhow, now point crying over spilt milk and all, the issue now is how to get two very red marks out of my very un-red carpet? One of them is more where the playdough was sitting, but one is full of playdough.

With things like this I'd normally shove it in the freezer and chip it off but there's not enough room for a whole carpet grin

Please help!

buttonmoon78 Tue 21-Jun-11 21:29:36

No point not now point! blush

PrinceHumperdink Tue 21-Jun-11 21:30:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Mutt Tue 21-Jun-11 21:31:32

Mutt Tue 21-Jun-11 21:32:41

Grockle Tue 21-Jun-11 21:35:27

No idea. I cannot remove glow-in-the-dark Silly Putty from my cream carpet angry nor did it want to come out of DS's hair!

PrinceHumperdink Tue 21-Jun-11 21:48:36

buttonmoon78 Tue 21-Jun-11 21:52:49

Gosh - that was quick!

I'm planning on leaving it til the morning at least and then using the sooper dooper whirry brush on the dyson to see if that shifts most of it.

Am ignoring grockle's post in the spirit of hopefulness...

Grockle Tue 21-Jun-11 21:58:12

Yes, best ignore my post. Just like I can ignore the silly putty in my carpet until turn the lights out grin

buttonmoon78 Tue 21-Jun-11 21:59:56

That bit didn't occur to me!

peachybums Wed 22-Jun-11 21:17:45

Whatever you do let it dry before you attempt to do anything! When its dry try get it with a stiff brush, may just brush off she says hopefully Good luck

buttonmoon78 Wed 22-Jun-11 21:34:12

Yay! It's nearly all off!

I vacced it with the normal brushy dyson bit then chipped at it with the knife. Am at fingernail stage now so I'm confident that it will all be out by tomorrow.

Thanks guys. I love you all smile

Grockle Wed 22-Jun-11 22:14:49

Hooray! Do you want to come and tackle mine?

buttonmoon78 Thu 23-Jun-11 09:45:43

Get stuffed - I don't love you that much! At 35wks pg the last thing I wanted to do was deal with my floor let alone deal with yours!

Grockle Thu 23-Jun-11 19:23:53

grin

I've just done a load of washing and some has myseteriously appeared on some sheets that haven't been near DS hmm

I'm worried it's in my washing machine or something. Playdough & silly putty are forever banned in this house.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now