Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Hiring a cleaner - a few questions

(4 Posts)
choceyes Tue 21-Jun-11 08:01:13

Hi i want to hire a cleaner for 2hrs a week. I'd like to ask a few questions from anybody who's hired a cleaner as i don't have a clue what to do.

I have contaced someone from gumtree who is willing to supply references and seems genuine.

She says that sometimes her collegue is available and can get the house clean in one hour with 2 of them working. Is this acceptable?

Do they come in when you are out? I don't want to have to stay in while they are here, but nervous of giving keys out.

Is it getter to go through an agency?

She is going to charge £8 an hour (this is in manchester).

Do you provide cleaning stuff?

SimplySparkling Tue 21-Jun-11 08:07:57

I have contaced someone from gumtree who is willing to supply references and seems genuine. - You need to check out the references first.

She says that sometimes her collegue is available and can get the house clean in one hour with 2 of them working. Is this acceptable? - Yes, my last cleaner did this. One person hoovered, the other cleaned in their set-up.

Do they come in when you are out? I don't want to have to stay in while they are here, but nervous of giving keys out. - Up to you. I stayed out for both cleaners I had if I could so that I didn't get in their way.

Is it better to go through an agency? - I'd check out both if I were you and then decide. Things can and sometimes do go wrong i.e. using the wrong cleaner for tiles and ruining them is one I read recently in a magazine.

She is going to charge £8 an hour (this is in manchester). - It is £10 an hour or more around here and I'm in mid Wales.

Do you provide cleaning stuff? I did for both, I think. Maybe not for the second one, I can't really remember, but certainly for the first one but both had their own hoovers.

Hth.

Shinyshoes1 Tue 21-Jun-11 08:12:28

Hi i want to hire a cleaner for 2hrs a week. I'd like to ask a few questions from anybody who's hired a cleaner as i don't have a clue what to do.

I have contaced someone from gumtree who is willing to supply references and seems genuine. -Yes definitely get references and make a few phone calls

She says that sometimes her collegue is available and can get the house clean in one hour with 2 of them working. Is this acceptable? -Yes

Do they come in when you are out? I don't want to have to stay in while they are here, but nervous of giving keys out. -Mine comes whilst I'm out

Is it getter to go through an agency? - Mine was recommended, AFAIK Agency cleaners are fine although I've not used one, if u can get a recommendation even better

She is going to charge £8 an hour (this is in manchester). - Sounds about right mine charges £7.50 and hour minimum of 2 hours

Do you provide cleaning stuff? - Yes, if she needs anything she will ask, but I have it all here and colour coded in her own bucket grin

choceyes Tue 21-Jun-11 21:23:20

Thank you so much for the replies. I'll get on to it then. Can't wait..I'm quite excited about it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now