Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Pls recommend a hand-held mini hoover.

(15 Posts)
titferbrains Mon 20-Jun-11 13:44:34

DD has spilt half her lunch and am in the midst of clearing it up. Am pg and would like to a mini hoover for cleaning up kiddy messes like this, and particularly for the joyous weaning stage.

Anyone got any recommendations? No budget.

This is for a tile floor, there is also a section that has wood. Is it something that a roomba would be good for??

Bramshott Mon 20-Jun-11 14:06:21

IME they are all a bit crap - sorry! Dustpan and brush is much easier.

janeyjampot Mon 20-Jun-11 14:14:52

I've had 2 Black & Decker 'Dustbusters' and they've both been quite poor. The first one was not sufficiently powerful to pick up the bits, so I replaced it with a more powerful one, but after a short time it developed problems with recharging - it only works for about 30 seconds at a time as it won't hold a charge. Also, only I can use it because for some reason whenever anyone else tries to use it they deposit all of the crumbs on the floor underneath the holder in which the dustbuster sits - it makes more mess than it clears confused

As Bramshott says, dustpan and brush can be better, although my friend has a hand held Dyson which looks more effective than my dustbusters and has certainly been more durable.

BarbaraBar Mon 20-Jun-11 14:15:56

I've got the handheld dyson and it is v good. I use it a lot. Also v good for cleaning the inside of the car.

wifeofdoom Mon 20-Jun-11 15:38:36

handheld dyson amazing. The one with the long handle and the brushbar.

mumtoxii Mon 20-Jun-11 17:09:09

I could not live without my handheld Dyson. Worth every penny, and amazing how often it gets used. Even the two year old manages to operate it!

Tillyscoutsmum Mon 20-Jun-11 17:10:59

yy to Dyson. One of our best "appliance" purchases ever. The big vacuum hardly ever comes out

Naetha Mon 20-Jun-11 17:12:46

The hand held dyson it's amazing. I genuinely would struggle without it. I value it as much as my dishwasher.

Ingles2 Mon 20-Jun-11 17:13:34

yy to handheld dyson...
it really is the best pressie I ever got.. I've got white cats and it sucks up the hair no problem.
plus I've got two pretty messy boys...They're happy to wield the hoover and clear up their own mess, so a definite result.

Mollymax Mon 20-Jun-11 17:15:48

Another vote for the hand held dyson. Have had it for years.
Do not rate the large dysons, but for some reason the hand held is fab. Worth the money.

Abra1d Mon 20-Jun-11 17:16:46

Here is a review I wrote for Dooyoo about my handheld, a Home-tek HT807. As you'll see, I am fond of it!

members.dooyoo.co.uk/vacuum-cleaner/home-tek-ht807/1566512/

LoveBeingAbleToNamechange Mon 20-Jun-11 17:20:18

I love my dyson!!!!!

extremelychocolateymilkroll Mon 20-Jun-11 22:09:18

I really like the Electrolux Cyclonic here The front two wheels are really useful for smooth cleaning of the carpet and it picks up better than the previous one I had - can't even remember the name of that. Think it might have been a Morphy Richards.

acumenin Tue 21-Jun-11 08:01:18

Handheld Dyson. I got rid of my normal Dyson (no carpets anyway), it's so good. I think everyone I know who tried mine went and bought one directly.

The tile floor does sound like a Roomba/Scooba would do well there but as I've never used one I can't recommend it or nay.

titferbrains Mon 27-Jun-11 20:08:33

The handheld one is sold out on JL and Dyson websites. Nuff said.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now