Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Who has an aga and can help me???

(5 Posts)
theowlwhowasafraidofthedark Mon 20-Jun-11 11:33:28

Hi ladies
We're about to move house and there's currently an aga in the kitchen. I have no idea how they work or how to cook on them (I cook a lot though). I'm a bit worried about it but really don't want to remove it as the kitchen is lovely otherwise.
I'm also concerned about the cost of running it/maintenance etc.
Thanks!

hurryup Mon 20-Jun-11 11:37:45

Oil, gas, electric or solid fuel? How many ovens?I love mine but they're expensive to run. House is always lovely and warm, can iron by leving folded clothes on the top and everyone congregates around it. Food delicious but takes time to get used to ovens and you need a timer.

theowlwhowasafraidofthedark Mon 20-Jun-11 11:41:03

crikey - I have no idea about the fuel. Must to do more research...

mischiefmummy Mon 20-Jun-11 11:42:07

You need The Complete Book of Aga Know-How by Richard Maggs. Available from the Aga website or amazon for about £10.

It has everything you need to know. I do love my aga!

thebestisyettocome Mon 20-Jun-11 11:44:26

If you decide you don't want it thrwo it in this direction. I've recently moved and the new owners wanted ours.

It is very, very simple to use. If you are a reasonable cook you'll adjust in no time. It's worth finding out where your nearest aga shop is because they very often run classes. Amy Wilcox books are good too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now