Talk

Advanced search

Sorry, not very exciting - installing a dishwasher

(3 Posts)
DrinkFeckArseGirls Sun 19-Jun-11 19:37:21

I am moving to a new (rented) place. I asked the landlord whether I can install a dishwasher at my own cost and he said yes, as long nothings is damaged and the kitchen layout is unaltered. How do I go about it now? I need someone (who?) to come and asses whether it is possible to install a dishwasher (the kitchen is tiny <sob, sob>, the tiniest I ever had) and if, hopefully so, will the store I'll buy it from send someone to install it? Do I need an electrician or a plumber?

TIA

LIZS Sun 19-Jun-11 19:45:39

You 'd need soemone to extend the plumbing - cold inlet and outlet - which cna simply be an adaptation fo the plumbing to the washing machine and if needs be install a new socket , above the pipes. I doubt the delivery person would do more than position it and screw it into existing pipework, if that.

DrinkFeckArseGirls Sun 19-Jun-11 20:15:57

Thanks LIZS. It gives me a starting point now. I'm guessing it'll cost me an arm and a leg, but I can't live without a dishwasher anymore...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: