Talk

Advanced search

Anyone know of a steam vaccuum cleaners they can recommend / avoid?

(4 Posts)
Karuna13 Sat 18-Jun-11 22:40:28

Hi

I've been interested in getting a steam vacuum cleaner for ages - we've had the carpets steam cleaned professionally and it made such a difference.

Now with a small baby, a 5 yo and 2 elderly cats they (and the hard flooring) would benefit from v frequent steam cleaning.

So .... have you tried any / know of any models that do a good (or crap) job? They look like they have the potential to either be a godsend or a v expensive useless gadget that would just take up cupboard space smile

Karuna13 Mon 20-Jun-11 12:10:36

bump ....

Karuna13 Tue 21-Jun-11 20:53:52

bumpity bump??

pengymum Wed 22-Jun-11 12:52:19

I would recommend a steam vacuum cleaner like the Polti Lecoaspira - just get the most powerful you can afford as the higher the steam pressure, the quicker the stains are removed and easier it is to use. I like these because the dirt is trapped in the water tank and easy to clean.

I have had a Polti steam cleaner but has stopped steaming for some reason and want a vacuum steam cleaner as they leave your surface dry (or as good as)
Would also recommend getting extra brushes and keep a separate set for bathroom and kitchen.

But am a lazy mare and would prefer to have a cleaner that does it all for me!
grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now