Talk

Advanced search

Cleaner once a month?

(6 Posts)
neepsntatties Sat 18-Jun-11 10:04:37

Anyone do this? Is it worth it? I hate cleaning but can't afford a cleaner. Wondered if getting someone in once a month with me doing my best inbetween would make a difference.

LakeFlyPie Sat 18-Jun-11 21:42:55

I'm really hoping someone or lots of folk reply to say yes it's a wonderful idea and well worth doing as am in same boat and never manage to get on top of house cleaning.
Surely someone can recommend <hopeful>

TotallyUtterlyDesperate Sat 18-Jun-11 22:53:26

We have a company in once a fortnight and this seems to work out well for us. We have a massive tidy up the night before, which is good too!

neepsntatties Sun 19-Jun-11 12:53:41

How many hours do they do? How much is it? I really want one but not sure I can justify it.

strawberryjelly Sun 19-Jun-11 15:39:59

Tell me more- if you have a cleaner once amont what do they do?
Big jobs? grin

Also if they are there for 3-4 hrs is that not the same as once week in terms of cash?

TotallyUtterlyDesperate Sun 19-Jun-11 16:56:14

Our cleaners come for about 3 hours and skim through the whole house - with concentration on the kitchen and bathroom. It's a 3 bedroom semi, so not very big. They hoover and dust all of the other rooms. It's not what I would call a deep clean, but keeps us going - both hubby and I are seriously ill/disabled so can't do the cleaning ourselves. Every so often, we pay for a full day for them to do a deeper clean. We pay £12.00 per hour.

The other thing is that we do a huge tidy up before they come, which forces us to make sure we don't sink into a total mess!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now