Talk

Advanced search

I'm not thinking straight - please tell me what i need to get in for tomorrow>

(4 Posts)
mckenzie Fri 17-Jun-11 22:05:45

We are going out for an early meal for DS's birthday, 'we' being family and DS's friend. We'll be having birthday cake at the restaurant I think (I'm taking one with us) and then coming back here afterwards although if everyone likes the sound of the dessert menu we might just sing happy birthday with the cake and bring it back home.
Anyway, i know I need milk for the tea and coffee for the older folk but what else shall I have on offer. We're going to the restaurant for 5pm so I'm guessing we'll be back here for about 7pm.
I know this sounds like such a no brainer but I really cann't think straight at all for some daft reason. please help. TIA

Shell178 Sat 18-Jun-11 10:56:47

You won't need too much as hopefully everyone should be quite full from the meal.

How about some french bread/crackers and a selction of cheeses, some olives and cold meats. Perhaps some crisps also??

Hope that helps.

mckenzie Sat 18-Jun-11 15:17:31

thanks Shell178. I ended up at Sainsburys but with no shopping list and the birthday bay. So bought wine, prosecco, crisps and chips, olives, dips and chocolates!! I hope the check out lady realsied it was for a party and not my normal weekly shop!!

Jaspants Sat 18-Jun-11 15:24:40

Sounds lovely mckenzie - hope you all have a great day

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now