Talk

Advanced search

Tablecloth for outside?

(4 Posts)
oxcat1 Fri 17-Jun-11 09:56:46

We have a rather old and manky garden table - due for replacement in all honesty - and I was wondering if I could spin it out for another year by using some sort of tablecloth, perhaps oil cloth or PVC? The slats of the table are quite wonky so I'd need something quite 'thick' to try and even out the surface a bit.

Any suggestions, and where from and not too expensive? I like the vintage look. And would the back of the cloth get very dirty and can they be easily washed?

Sorry for so many questions!

SenoritaViva Fri 17-Jun-11 12:10:58

Kath Kidson does them but they are pricey (ish). The good thing is the shops have them in rolls so they can cut to the right size for you.

John Lewis did a few waterproof type ones as well, oil cloth I think (came in 3 sizes).

I reckon you could have a look at both on line. Neither are the super cheap versions though.

PS they're really super for children's parties (on ground or table), painting etc. so unless you have teenagers then they'll be quite useful (even just for when friends with sticky fingered children arrive).

rightsaidfred Fri 17-Jun-11 21:14:16

I had the same dilemma last year and got some oilcloth from www.vivalafrida.co.uk/mexicanoilcloth.html

I stuck it through the washing machine a couple of times and it was fine and didn't fade in the sun even though we left it out in all weather

BikeRunSki Sun 19-Jun-11 21:57:57

Lakeland

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now