Talk

Advanced search

Recommend a good saucepan for making scrambled egg.

(9 Posts)
ItsNotUnusual Thu 16-Jun-11 13:37:10

We love scrambled egg but hate the washing up! Can you please recommend me a good saucepan that is easy to clean.

Don't bother suggesting making it in the microwave - it just isn't the same.

cosysocks Thu 16-Jun-11 15:28:11

We have a giant non stick wok style pan from Ikea that is the best pan ive ever had. Scramble egg comes straight off, porridge straight off!!

GrimmaTheNome Thu 16-Jun-11 15:31:31

Any good non stick frying pan or omelette pan (depending how many you're doing)

Apart from - obviously - being non stick, there are no corners to get gunged up. Use a spatula rather than a spoon.

McDreamy Thu 16-Jun-11 15:33:19

I've found that if I use a very very low heat it's easier to wash up afterwards. Def use non stick though.

CSLewis Thu 16-Jun-11 16:15:10

Small (7"ish) ultra cheap non-stick pan from Ikea. Blue on the outside, black handle. Great for any sort of egg-cookery.

schroeder Thu 16-Jun-11 19:35:01

I got a brabantia for about £4 from TK maxx and it's brilliant, egg comes straight off grin

WowOoo Thu 16-Jun-11 19:39:09

I was going to suggest Raymond Blanc....but seems you can get cheaper ones.
I got it for a bargain price and i am so so so happy with it. It's solid and easy to clean and perfect for loads of frying and scrambling.

Alandria Thu 16-Jun-11 23:01:17

I never make scrambled egg in a pan, I've always made it in the microwave. I put it in for a minute or so at first then take out and 'scramble' with a fork ever 40 seconds or so until cooked and comes out perfect every time.

I just do it in a pyrex dish.

SpareRoomSleeper Fri 17-Jun-11 02:23:27

Tefal saucepans. And put the egg in when the pan is well heated because then it doesnt stick. Or so my mum says.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: