Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Water at the bottom of my fridge - what could it be?

(5 Posts)
Inti Thu 16-Jun-11 11:56:42

Hi - I have water (quite a lot) gathering at the bottom of my fridge - right hand side only.
it is a Siemans and is only about 5 yrs old.
Any ideas what to do?
Thanks

cheesesandwich10 Thu 16-Jun-11 12:32:13

Yours may be different but I get this problem with mine sometimes. At the back of the fridge inside, there are some slots which lead down to a hole where excess water leaves the fridge. If the fridge gets too cold and this hole gets blocked (with ice or bits and pieces, crumbs etc) then the water cannot go through the hole and ends up on the bottom of the fridge. I suggest that you have a good look and see if this is the problem, and maybe try and run the fridge a little warmer for 24 hours (there should be some temperature adjustment knob or buttons somewhere on the front). In my experience fridges do tend to over cool when they get older (although I agree 5 years shouldn't be classed as 'old' but in this day and age this is middle aged for an appliance!)

Butterbur Thu 16-Jun-11 12:38:07

Make sure nothing in the fridge is touching the back wall above the drain hole, as water can run across it and into the fridge.

Clean out any gunk in the drain hole with an opened paper clip and some kitchen towel.

DoesBuggerAll Thu 16-Jun-11 12:40:37

Is the fridge level? You may find it's tilting forwards and thus the water that should drain out the back and drip onto the condensor (to evaporate away) is instead pooling at the bottom of the fridge.

cat64 Thu 16-Jun-11 12:48:49

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now