Talk

Advanced search

Replacing elements on toaster...?

(4 Posts)
hastingsmum Tue 14-Jun-11 23:47:23

I have a Dualit 6 slice toaster and two of the elements need replacing. I've bought the elements but when I opened up the toaster it looked a lot more complicated than I thought it would (there are flimsy little metal wires and I worry about not being able to refit them as they were).

I don't want to just buy a new toaster because I love this one and they are well expensive to buy new, but I can't seem to find a company who repairs toasters.

Anyone done toaster repairs? Or found someone to do it for you?

FortiesCromarty Tue 14-Jun-11 23:56:39

You can contact Dualit customer support, they might be able to help, or you can send the toaster to them to repair. Their number is 01293 652 500.

seasickgal Wed 15-Jun-11 00:04:48

We have replaced ours twice before and its not too complicated.
Start with a clean table and a good philips screwdriver, remove the base plate,loosen the retaining strips on either side, undo the wires to the elements, pull out the old element and put the new one in, tighten the retaining strips, and put the base plate back on.
It makes crackling noises when you first turn it on.
If you get stuck an electrical shop would do it for you.Don't get a new toaster, its straight-forward to repair them.
Good luck.

hastingsmum Wed 15-Jun-11 18:07:48

seasickgal, thanx I will have a go myself this evening if the kids go to bed early ish (2 of them have got a cold atm and the baby kept waking up every 10 mins or so last night)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now