Talk

Advanced search

Wet bathroom carpet, any chance it will recover?

(8 Posts)
muttimalzwei Tue 14-Jun-11 19:34:42

We've had a number of spillages on the carpet in the bathroom (toddler spilled big jug of water over floor while avoiding having hair washed and today he poured a cup of water on the floor while brushing teeth)
I've had the windows open day and night and there is now a pretty rancid smell and I just wondered if anyone had ever been able to dry out a carpet. It's glued down so can't lift it up to sort it out that way.
Thanks

AnyFuleKno Tue 14-Jun-11 19:45:28

Get rid, carpets and bathrooms is not a good combo

Furball Tue 14-Jun-11 19:58:16

I rip it up and put bathroom lino down (must be anti slip obviously)

can be done quite painlessly and cheaply

Pootles2010 Wed 15-Jun-11 13:45:33

I really have to agree with others - toddler ds and bathroom carpet is BAD idea. I think there may be pee-related reasons for rancid smell.

I'm re-doing our bathroom floor atm - as its such small room its pretty cheap, we're having rhino-floor, and having them put it down for us, is only coming to around £100.

muttimalzwei Wed 15-Jun-11 21:20:38

Thanks everyone, what is rhino-floor? I'm intrigued

Furball Thu 16-Jun-11 07:07:43

it is brand of vinyl flooring

if you go to carpet shop - they usually sell it

Pootles2010 Thu 16-Jun-11 09:27:58

Sorry should have mentioned that! Its padded vinyl, very tough hence the name, so hopefully ideal for families!

It is more expensive, twice the price of other makes, but in such a small room, for us it was only £30 difference IIRC.

RachelHRD Thu 16-Jun-11 12:38:10

Agree that the words 'bathroom' and 'carpet' and 'toddler' should not occur in the same sentence!!

Vinyl is a great cheap alternative.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now