Talk

Advanced search

How do you cover your mattress?

(7 Posts)
Orbinator Tue 14-Jun-11 13:48:29

I'm in the process of looking for a new bed (King sized and with storage, any ideas welcome!) and have found one on line but the mattress has buttons on it. I've got a mattress with these on already and have to put a blanket under the sheet so that they aren't felt. Is this just something everyone does, or have I missed something? Assuming some thick mattress protectors or something may be called for?

mousymouse Tue 14-Jun-11 13:52:25

sorry, not much help but I have a memory foam cover for my matress (only 1 inch though) because otherwise I could feel the springs.

WowOoo Tue 14-Jun-11 13:54:58

Our mattress is like that. We've got a cotton mattress protector on it. Can't say i've ever felt the buttons.

Reasonable well made beds from Warren Evans. We have wooden sliding storage drawers for underneath.

hastingsmum Tue 14-Jun-11 23:42:35

I haven't felt the buttons on our mattress but I do have a wool blanket under the sheet anyway for waterproofing (breastfeeding a newborn)

Bunbaker Wed 15-Jun-11 20:15:26

I have an Ikea fitted undersheet and never feel the buttons.

higgle Thu 16-Jun-11 15:09:11

WowOoo - yes, Warren Evans beds are great, and they send two georgeous blokes to put them together for you, much better than struggling with Ikea.

messybessie Thu 16-Jun-11 15:12:26

I also second warren evans beds. Everyone in our house has one. We have the superking and it is fab.

We got our mattress from Feather and black. It has buttons but we have a quilted mattress protector. Even when it's not on I don' t feel them though (obviously not a real princess blush).

Everyone who sleeps in our bed says that it is the most comfortable bed they have ever slept in

(beams with pride)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now