Talk

Advanced search

Wee inside good leather shoes!

(14 Posts)
PrettyCandles Mon 13-Jun-11 15:43:11

Please tell me that this can be cleaned up, and how to clean it up, too.

(Please don't tell me that a brand new pair of £40+ Start-Rites has just been ruined and will reek for the rst of the summer!)

MrsMagnolia Mon 13-Jun-11 16:49:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PrettyCandles Mon 13-Jun-11 18:41:08

Don't have a cat.

Do have a dh due home soon, however, and am feeling in need of escape. So shall chuck the dc in his general direction and use the urgent need for cat litter as an excuse to get out of the house and get an hour or so on my own.

crystalglasses Mon 13-Jun-11 18:45:08

If you don't have a cat, where did the wee come from?

januaryjojo Mon 13-Jun-11 19:25:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

crystalglasses Mon 13-Jun-11 20:24:17

But a child's wee doesn't smell too bad. Cat's wee...well that's something else.

PrettyCandles Mon 13-Jun-11 20:44:31

Most children's wee doesn't smell too bad, but unfortunately this dc hasn't read the manual and often produces phenomenally whiffy wees. Put some of that in a pair of shoes that will be worn almost every day for several hours over the next 6 weeks. Substantial boak-potential, I think.

Actually, they're not soaked, and it would seem that today was not a whiffy-wee day. I've blotted up the worst and chucked in a handful of those moisture-absorbing sachets you get in new bags (I'm such a hoarder!). Tomorrow dd will wear trainers and the shoes can sit out in the sunshine.

stleger Mon 13-Jun-11 20:59:22

Put some baking soda inside them. And some oil like lavender if you have any, but the baking soda alone is brilliant.

shodatin Mon 13-Jun-11 23:38:28

An old wives' tale involved weeing into leather shoes to stretch them, so I assume the smell faded away naturally, but yes, I'd use baking soda, brushing it out well after a few hours.

JarethTheGoblinKing Mon 13-Jun-11 23:46:15

So what if you don't have a cat hmm

Buy some white cat litter and stick it inside the shoes for a couple of days. Problem solved (honesltly, it'll work)

PrettyCandles Tue 14-Jun-11 01:01:06

I was going to, Jareth, only I didn't get to escape and have myhour to myself in the peace and quiet (hah!) of the supermarket.

JarethTheGoblinKing Tue 14-Jun-11 01:03:00

sorry for the hmm face

I've had a bad nihgt..

PrettyCandles Tue 14-Jun-11 09:36:47

Sympathies smile

MooM00 Tue 14-Jun-11 10:21:49

I would try bicarb as I used this once on the carpet by the toilet in a rented flat with great success. Rub on, vacuum off if necessary.
Dc1 regularly weed in his shoes with no long term damage, I just emptied and wet wiped them quick.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: