Talk

Advanced search

Duvet recommendations

(12 Posts)
JosieRosie Sat 11-Jun-11 23:53:59

Hi all, am planning to buy a new duvet coming into the autumn so starting my research early! We have a king size bed. I would like a duvet which is warm without being too hot, and cozy without being too heavy. I'm prepared to invest a bit of dosh if it will last for several years.

Any advice on type of filling, tog rating, brands etc all gratefully received

DialMforMummy Sun 12-Jun-11 07:26:57

We have a down duvet one one size bigger than our bed so we never fight for it and it's really covering. It's loooovely, light and warm. However, it is sometimes a bit too hot for the summer so ideally you'll need two, one for the summer one for the winter with different "togage".
I don't thing the brand matters, but it might be worth investing £££ in good quality to go with duvet.

thestringcheeseincident Sun 12-Jun-11 07:32:56

We have a Hungarian goosedown duvet from John Lewis. It's as light as feather (10tog) but so so warm and cosy. We got it as a wedding present 7 years ago and it's still going strong. Definitely recommend it.

valiumredhead Sun 12-Jun-11 12:32:00

IKEA ones are best IME, they wash really well too.

JosieRosie Sun 12-Jun-11 16:41:19

Thanks a lot x

Mbeli Sun 12-Jun-11 19:11:19

Definitely goosedown!! Try looking at Duvet & Pillow Warehouse on the internet. Fantastic quality at excellent prices and there's a sale on now!

valiumredhead Sun 12-Jun-11 19:12:06

Don;t get a down one if you have even the slightest hint of hay fever! grin

GeneralissimoVonBobbington Sun 12-Jun-11 21:51:24

You can get ones with two parts that popper together, all seasons they're called. Covered for all eventualities then. Not sure I'd agree with the comment about down and hayfever, we've got a feather one and we both suffer, but of course you won't know until you try one!

farrowandballs Tue 14-Jun-11 11:05:32

another vota for goosedown from duvet and pillow warehouse. lovelovelove ours xoxox

Whenisitmysleepytime Tue 14-Jun-11 13:41:30

Jumping in...

What do you get if you have allergies? Dh is allergic to cats and has hayfever so I'm guessing anything feathery would be a bad idea.

Who does the best man made fibre ones?

valiumredhead Tue 14-Jun-11 14:07:59

IKEA imo just because they was so well time and time again.

Deux Tue 14-Jun-11 14:16:39

The one I've got is an all seasons one, so 2 separate duvets that you can snap together in the winter. It's synthetic as I don't like feather and never manage to get them to the dry cleaners.

I bought this one because you can wash the duvets in a domestic washing machine at 60 degrees.

I can't remember the brand but can check the duvet if you like. It's brilliant. was quite pricey but worth it. Have replaced the DC's duvets with the same brand.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now