Talk

Advanced search

How do you store dirty laundry? Recommendations please

(5 Posts)
Grockle Wed 08-Jun-11 21:58:07

I seem to be doing laundry ALL the time but it still piles up. We have 1 laundry box - a nice wooden ottoman type thing with a cushion on the lid (from Ikea, years ago). It lives in DS's bedroom but I need one in my room. Something white/ paintable and wooden that doesn't look like a laundry basket. Is that possible?

vintageteacups Wed 08-Jun-11 23:59:44

Put one in each bedroom and then try to do a wash from each at a time. Easy to out away then as it's all from one place and you don't lose socks etc.

DD has one like this but in white from dunelm here

DS has one bit like these here

We have one like this only wider

vintageteacups Thu 09-Jun-11 00:00:54

I have a normal plastic washing basket that I load everything into and a plastic box for wet washing that's in limbo, waiting to be dried etc.

The lattice one above could be painted white

bessie26 Thu 09-Jun-11 02:50:59

vintage I do like that lattice one...

Our laundry bin is from dunelm, but I can't find it online. DD has a laundry bag hanging on her door. I have some cheap trugs (from tesco) for moving the laundry around when it's wet and a standard basket to put it in while it's waiting to be put away/ironed (socks can languish in here for weeks!)

Grockle Thu 09-Jun-11 06:35:34

The lattice one is the kind of thing I'm after, vintage, thanks. I have an abundance of plastic baskets for washing en route to the machine/ line/ ironing pile!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now