Talk

Advanced search

talk to me about steam cleaners please.............?

(2 Posts)
cotswolder Tue 07-Jun-11 21:19:47

Am seriously thinking about getting a steam cleaner, primarily to clean the kitchen floor but also to do bathroom etc.

We have a large tiled kitchen/family room. Tiled floor is not smooth due to having dogs and therefore a real pain and hard work to clean. DD is going to start crawling in a month or so and would like a clean floor for her without lots of chemicals from floor cloths etc. Also have wooden floors elsewhere in house.

Does anyone have a steam cleaner, do they work, are they clear of chemicals and do you have recommendations? Don't want to spend an absolute fortune but very happy with mid range stuff!

Thanks

whomovedmychocolate Tue 07-Jun-11 21:39:22

May I suggest that before you do that - clean the floor really well and then SEAL IT (go to Topps or similar and buy tile sealant) makes a huge difference to how much crud will stick and how easy it is to clean. Steam cleaners are a bit of a faff IME. I have one though and use it rarely (because it's a faff.) Hot soapy water is enough to get the floor clean though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: