Talk

Advanced search

Casserole dish

(12 Posts)
RhinestoneCowgirl Sun 05-Jun-11 15:00:04

Want to make more casseroles, but only have a small earthenware casserole which isn't big enough for family meals (and obv can't go on the hob).

Any recommendations? I have a ceramic hob btw Thanks smile

mummakaz Sun 05-Jun-11 19:36:16

I know it's not the answer your looking for but Slow cookers are great for casseroles smile

emsyj Sun 05-Jun-11 20:32:37

A Le Creuset - I have this one www.johnlewis.com/16756/Product.aspx and it's amazing. They are stupendously £££££ but we got it as a wedding present.

It goes on the hob and in the oven. Nothing sticks to it so it takes seconds to clean. We use it for everything - soups, stews, pies, casseroles.... I have got a lasagne in mine at the moment!

RhinestoneCowgirl Sun 05-Jun-11 21:09:09

emsy have been thinking Le Creuset - do you know if they are ok for ceramic/induction hob?

emsyj Sun 05-Jun-11 21:14:14

Our hob is gas, so not used one on a ceramic or induction hob, but the Le Creuset website suggests they are suitable - www.lecreuset.co.uk/cast-iron-round-casseroles.aspx

CliffTumble Sun 05-Jun-11 21:15:07

I use my le Creuset on an induction hob. Magnets, innit, so cast iron works fine ;-)

fuckmepinkandcallmerosie Sun 05-Jun-11 21:15:28

Le Creuset work on ceramic, and also work on induction. They're great, but I got a cheapy fake bake version from tesco's and it's also good and was about a quarter of the price

But a slow cooker, in Tescos for about £10 or £15 is also a good investment

TheSkiingGardener Sun 05-Jun-11 21:23:44

Le Creuset. If you are anywhere near Portsmouth there is an outlet shop at Gunwharf Quays that does seconds at reduced prices (but not hugely reduced)

They are fantastic

emsyj Sun 05-Jun-11 21:42:31

They have a Le Creuset shop at Cheshire Oaks outlet too - mostly unpopular colours. We got a reduced-price cooker top kettle there really cheap because it was a very ugly shade of turquoisey blue!

Needle Mon 06-Jun-11 00:07:04

I've got a really good cast Iron 5l casserole which was from Sainsbury's "different by design" range. It could be a good alternative to Le Creuset, as it only cost £40. Most of the big stores have them I think.

piprabbit Mon 06-Jun-11 00:11:48

Le Crueset are 20% off today, on line at John Lewis.

RhinestoneCowgirl Mon 06-Jun-11 11:25:36

Thanks for all the replies - tempting me towards JL and Le Creuset (not that I ever take much tempting where JL is concerned grin).

Not sure whether we're near any outlet places, so will check that avenue...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: