Talk

Advanced search

Getting liquid foundation out of blouses.

(6 Posts)
nenevomito Fri 03-Jun-11 21:02:32

I've had a disaster involving a small child, my liquid foundation and my work blouses. I've put them through the wash, but to no avail.

Can anyone tell me how to get liquid make up out of clothes?

kansasmum Fri 03-Jun-11 21:17:05

I have used washing up liquid in the past with good results - however it may be too late as you have washed and ( I assume) dried the blouses os the stain may be set in??

Try rubbing in some washing up liquid or Ariel Actilift washing liquid-I find that's good on stains. Leave to soak but don't let it dry then wash with biological powder- good luck.

nenevomito Fri 03-Jun-11 21:35:11

Thanks for the tip - Yes I've washed and dried them. I could curse!

onepieceofcremeegg Fri 03-Jun-11 21:38:07

Wash again at 40 (once or even twice) with a really generous measure of ariel

Hang in direct sunlight to dry and hope for the best. If it seems to fade a bit then there may be some hope.

hellymelly Fri 03-Jun-11 21:44:27

really work some liquid detergent into the stain before you wash it, if they are cotton using an old toothrush or a nailbrush,gently,can help really get the stuff in. I will also go off and consult my washing bible !(yes,I have a book on washing, and I am unashamed..)

hellymelly Fri 03-Jun-11 22:05:04

Well I've consulted my book,and it sounds as though make-up responds best to a solvent based remover,because of the oil content, so if the detergent rubbed in trick doesn't work,then dry cleaning might do,or a rub with one of those stain remover wipes for upholstery.Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now