Talk

Advanced search

Can you recommend a good natural fibre single duvet?

(8 Posts)
Hulababy Fri 03-Jun-11 08:28:56

9y dd needs a new duvet and pillows. She gets very very hot in bed, often is wet through, especially her head.

I think she will be better with a natural fibre.

And it needs to be very low tog, even for winter.

Thanks.

5318008 Fri 03-Jun-11 14:09:39

here

Hulababy Mon 06-Jun-11 21:57:20

Wow, silk duvet. Not seen them before. I'll go and investigate further. £61 though - is that the norm for a decent duvet? TBH I can't remember the last time I had to buy a decent one as out last couple of kingsize were given to us by DH's grandad (new unused for some reason).

dikkertjedap Tue 07-Jun-11 11:24:57

wool is really nice. John Lewis sells woollen duvets.

Hulababy Tue 07-Jun-11 13:29:44

Would wool not be very hot?

SparkyToo Tue 07-Jun-11 14:21:00

You can get silk pillows too, which should keep her head MUCH cooler. Obviously very luxurious though.

Hulababy Wed 08-Jun-11 16:44:11

Thanks, I'll have a look.

howabout Wed 08-Jun-11 16:52:57

I have a silk duvet and love it. It is really lightwieght. Only problem is they are not really washable so would be reluctant to have one for a child in case they are sick in bed etc.
I use sheets and a cotton blanket topped with a wool blanket for my children as I think it is easier to regulate their temperature that way, but I am told that makes me v old fashioned.
Some of the children's bedding companies also do cotton duvets.
The other advantage of wool and silk is that they are naturally dustmite repellant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now