Talk

Advanced search

Recommend me a new vacuum cleaner please

(12 Posts)
bunjies Thu 02-Jun-11 10:26:10

That's it really. We need it to clean carpets and have a cat so a bit of fluff but not loads. A cylinder one would be best as house is small and there's not much room to store an upright. Would prefer bagless just because buying the bags is a pain but would consider otherwise if it's fab. Is a Henry a bag one? Like the idea of it but are they any good and where do you get the bags from?

LifeOfKate Thu 02-Jun-11 11:57:38

I came on here to recommend a Henry grin They are brilliant, really powerful suction and I don't find the bag thing a hassle (certainly no worse than emptying the dyson - yuck!). Great size to store (we also have no storage 'tall' enough to store an upright). Bags are available from loads of places online smile

bunjies Thu 02-Jun-11 14:04:40

Thanks LifeOfKate. I've just been reading the reviews on Amazon and some of them are evangelial about the Henry. Such a good price too considering how long they seem to last.

bacon Thu 02-Jun-11 16:51:55

sebo - built for quality.

LifeOfKate Thu 02-Jun-11 20:28:47

Bunjies - yes, they are great, they might not be as fantastic as some of the other brands (I'm not including Dysons there, as they are terrible and a lot of money!), but for the price, they are amazing.

farrowandballs Thu 02-Jun-11 23:22:50

Miele Cat and Dog. It has changed my entire relationship with housework. I LOVE IT.

farrowandballs Thu 02-Jun-11 23:22:58

Miele Cat and Dog. It has changed my entire relationship with housework. I LOVE IT.

0131trojan1 Sat 04-Jun-11 17:30:18

Sebo- last for years, so worth initial cost, even if they seem more expensive.

fuckmepinkandcallmerosie Sat 04-Jun-11 17:36:24

Henry or Nilfisk. Do Not Under Any Circumstances buy a Dyson. They are shite.

Bimbles Sat 04-Jun-11 22:44:15

Miele cat and dog are very good.My dp has a henry for work(he is a builder) and on the odd occasion I have used it when he has done building work at home and it doesn't compare to my miele.

SalmeMurrikAgain Sat 04-Jun-11 23:23:58

Would highly recommend Sebo. Mine's an upright, but they do make cylinder vacuum cleaners too. Their bags are good quality, strong and last well, and it's easier to empty than a Dyson.

easycomeeasygo Tue 07-Jun-11 23:25:24

Yep Henrys are great, I used to work at a wholesaler and got so much good feedback on them and as said above, under no circumstances...dont buy a dyson cylinder, what utter rubbish!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: