Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone save our clothes?!

(5 Posts)
EmLH Tue 31-May-11 16:44:09

I have a (bad) habit of leaving a few bits of washing that need doing in the drum until I have emptied the washing basket upstairs and bought down enough garments to join them to make a full load. I'd popped an outfit and pair of leggings belonging to my DD together with a few bibs in there and promptly forgot about them. When I went to put a wash on 4 days later (I'm not slovenly honest - we'd had a lot of rain so not the weather for drying!) a black mould had actually started growing on the clothes! I assume it's because the drum was damp and they festered! Is there anything I can do? I've soaked in hot water and scrubbed with a scourer but no luck yet. I wouldn't mind but it's one of DD's cutest outfits so am looking for a miracle tip before I admit defeat and throw the lot away!

GentleOtter Tue 31-May-11 16:45:56

Try soaking them in borax then hang them outside on a sunny day.

peachybums Tue 31-May-11 22:22:34

If DD is only a baby i would be tempted to chuck them TBH i dont trust mould lol, same thing happened with some bibs of my youngest, they got covered in milk and then left forgotten in bottom of washing basket after a couple of days they were full of mould so i just threw them.

Try washing fave outfit in nappisan or something see if its still visible.

michelleseashell Wed 01-Jun-11 15:53:24

I got black mould on something once after storing it in the garage. I washed it about 20 times with bio but it wouldn't budge. I think anything else like bleach would just ruin the clothes anyway. Sorry

EmLH Thu 02-Jun-11 21:46:47

Yep I think I'm going to have to chuck them and learn from the experience! Looked up borax & sounds a bit harsh for 18mo skin! Thanks anyway smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: