Talk

Advanced search

Ovens/dishwashers what to buy? Anyone a member of Which?

(8 Posts)
nothingnatural Tue 31-May-11 09:39:22

Hi there, I am hoping to buy a new oven and dishwasher (woo hooo!).

However I have no knowledge of what's a good buy. We have a VERY limited budget so we're definately not top-of-the-range people unfortunately but I would hope to be able to buy something mid range - cheapish. But have it stylish and reliable too.

The cooker needs to be gas hob and elec oven, oh, and freestanding oven 4 burners, 600ml. The dishwasher can be anything - would prefer a white dishwasher and stainless steel oven.

If anyone has any recommendations I would be extraordinarily grateful grin

trikster Tue 31-May-11 09:43:11

Have you checked with your local library? My local one has Which magazines from 2009.

nothingnatural Tue 31-May-11 10:05:59

Oh, excellent idea. Thanks trikster.

janeyjampot Tue 31-May-11 13:17:58

My SIL has a dishwasher with a third drawer on the top for cutlery, rather than a basket at the bottom. It seems to clean the cutlery much better than mine does. When mine needs replacing I intend to look for something like that. Having said that, my parents bought their dishwasher in 1984 and it's still going fine, so it could be a while grin.

Mumswang Tue 31-May-11 13:24:15

how peculiar, i too need an oven and a diahwasher

i've been looking on the comet returns auction site, it'll come up if you google that. they're cheap, but no idea what is good and what's not so i shall be watching with interest

nothingnatural Wed 01-Jun-11 04:17:06

Hey girls,

According to the Consumer Choice website the best buy dishwasher was a Siemens but that's too expensive for us (approx 1000GBP) so I would choose an LG which is about 350GBP and looks pretty good.

The oven thing is a bit tricky, I can't decide between freestanding or built in - anyone got any ideas? I went to a dept store today and liked this Bianco oven. The chap in the shop said he could supply this oven, a gas burner top and a dishwasher for $3500 - approx 2000GBP does that sound about right?

Putthatbookdown Fri 03-Jun-11 07:15:35

I think that sounds expensive .Lots of firms do deals if you buy 3 appliances so shop around Have a look atAppliances Direct website .Hotpoint arethe best of the cheaper companies as they offer a 5 year parts guarantee.We are keen cooks and were disappointed with the new built in ovens as they seem to take up somuch space.Measure carefully the widthyou have for the oven .

nothingnatural Fri 03-Jun-11 09:07:23

Oh, thanks for that. I obv need to shop around. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now