Talk

Advanced search

The hoover just won't work...

(10 Posts)
mckenzie Mon 30-May-11 16:58:43

Just completely dead. The fuse looks okay. I don't know what to try to see if I can fix it. Any ideas gratefully received.
It's a Sebo Felix upright.

TIA

GypsyMoth Mon 30-May-11 17:01:27

clean the filter

Bert2e Mon 30-May-11 17:02:56

When that happened to my Dyson the motor had given up the ghost and it had to go to cleaner heaven :-(

captainbarnacle Mon 30-May-11 17:06:37

How can the fuse 'look' ok?

This happened to my 10 yr old dyson last week - I found another household item with a 13amp fuse, swapped it in and worked first time smile

mckenzie Mon 30-May-11 17:13:23

okay, that's me being ignorant then Captain. i thought if the fuse had blown it would look 'blown' if that makes sense smile. I'll go and try another fuse. Fingers crossed it's not cleaner heaven for mine too Bert2e.

mckenzie Mon 30-May-11 17:31:03

it was the fuse! Thanks guys.

mckenzie Mon 30-May-11 17:46:44

I spoke too soon. It worked for about a minute, then went on, off, on off and now it's completely off again!

captainbarnacle Mon 30-May-11 18:35:34

Aw no. Things we take for granted, eh sad

bessie26 Tue 31-May-11 14:10:08

Do they have a helpline? The Dyson people were very helpful when mine was playing up.

mckenzie Tue 31-May-11 18:27:27

thanks for the posts. i called the helpline today but it's not covered by the warranty. Dh diagnosed the fault last night. There is a grommet that comes out of the handle and stops the lead from being bent back on itself. The rubber of the grommet had worn away so that it had slid further down the lead thereby enabling the lead to be bent right over and so the wires inside must have worked loose. DH says he can fix it. Only trouble is, when that will be is anyone's guess!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now