Talk

Advanced search

bed wetting + going on holiday wwyd?

(13 Posts)
mousymouse Fri 27-May-11 12:44:44

sometimes, maybe every other week ds wets his bed. going on holiday tomorrow, have to leave the house at stupid o'clock.
wwyd if the bed happens to be wet? hang up to dry?
def no time for a wash.

SparkyToo Fri 27-May-11 13:44:47

Can you pick up some of those Pamper bed pads from somewhere. Must admit they are hard to find - I have only ever seen them in Sainsbury's!

mousymouse Fri 27-May-11 13:46:27

we have a matress cover already. but ds likes to sleep on top of his duvet hmm

kansasmum Fri 27-May-11 21:10:11

If it were me I would just get up a bit earlier so IF he has wet the bed you have time to bung it in a quick cycle(mine has a 30 min wash) and then hang on airer and leave til you come back.

Have you got an understanding friend/family member who you could text and ask to collect it and wash it for you?

Curiousmama Fri 27-May-11 21:16:32

Could you get him to wear bedtime trunks? They're quite discreet nowadays.

Curiousmama Fri 27-May-11 21:18:39

oh sorry i read too quickly. I'd try to sneak a waterproof cover under him when he's asleep. They just rinse it through quick in the morning and hang up or over door.

mousymouse Fri 27-May-11 21:28:32

thanks ladies. as always much appreciated.
I think I will try putting something under him.
unfortunately my mashine hasn't got a quick wash option...will take him to the toilet before I go to bed and hope for the best.

mousymouse Fri 27-May-11 21:30:26

kansas, even earlier? flight goes at six, so will be up around 3... will leave dc asleep 'till 4. that is the plan anyway...

Curiousmama Fri 27-May-11 21:43:32

Sorry meant hand wash it, in the bath?

TeaOneSugar Sat 28-May-11 11:15:37

TBH I'd ask mil to pick it up and wash it while we we're away, I did this when dd was little and I didn't want to leave food encrusted clothes in the basket for 2 weeks.

If that's not an option I think you'll have to wash before you go, a rinse cycle will do the trick and then you can wash it properly when you get back.

TeaOneSugar Sat 28-May-11 11:16:24

oops, just realised this was posted yesterday, have a nice holiday grin

mousymouse Mon 30-May-11 13:48:03

we are back.
we hung up the the wet duvet and pj's to dry and they are in the wash right now...
as we had to leave so early, we only got the dc up a few minutes before driving away.
my next w/s will def have a short cycle.

JennyPerez Fri 03-Jun-11 15:23:03

ERIC as so many different types of bedding protection to suit all needs it's worth checking out their shop - www.eric.org.uk, there are also things like sleeping bag liners and duvet protectors so you don't need to worry and keeps washing to a minimum. You can also call ERIC and they will help you with your ds and see if there's things that can be done to help him become dry - there always is something that can be done to ease the strain.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: