Talk

Advanced search

Smeared LCD TV screen - help!

(8 Posts)
Prforone Sat 21-May-11 17:59:43

My DD wanted to help with the housework so I gave her a duster sprayed with some polish. Little did I know she'd go straight for the TV screen! Now it's all smeary and I don't know what to do to return it to its original state! Any ideas?

Bunbaker Sun 22-May-11 09:28:52

Go to an office supplies/computer supplies shop and buy some screen wipes suitable for flat screen monitors.

pollymere Thu 09-Jun-11 19:16:47

my dd drew on ours with crayon...would reccomend the pure baby wipes followed by a wipe with a piece of kitchen roll - do a bit at a time. You can also try a damp cloth (but please unplug tv first!)

I know they don't recommend any cleaning products but mine could not have got any worse so I took a chance which worked!

headfairy Thu 09-Jun-11 19:20:08

Like pollymere I've used baby wipes to get the mass of jammy sticky fingerprints off our flatscreen tv. I've been doing it a while and it hasn't damanged it so far.

gregssausageroll Thu 09-Jun-11 20:21:28

don't do it when your tv is warm though.

Wolfgirl Fri 10-Jun-11 12:44:23

E-cloths?

DrGruntFotter Fri 10-Jun-11 12:46:06

Message withdrawn

KnitterInTheNW Fri 10-Jun-11 13:03:20

I clean my laptop screen with a piece of folded kitchen roll with a squirt of mr muscle window cleaner on it. Never done it any harm!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: