Advanced search

A grater that doesn't grate your fingers

(10 Posts)
tooworried Fri 20-May-11 15:09:20

Does anyone have one? smile

PaisleyLeaf Fri 20-May-11 17:16:53

Any one will do.
You just make sure you stop when you get to the end of the cheese/carrot.

AngelDog Fri 20-May-11 20:17:48

Use a food processor to do it.

Ponders Fri 20-May-11 20:18:54

there are those mouli things with a barrel but they are messier to clean.

what paisleyleaf said, really grin

Ponders Fri 20-May-11 20:21:19

mouli thing (though this one is kitchen craft)

Tidey Fri 20-May-11 20:25:09

Those ones from Ikea consisting of an oval plastic bowl with a grater lid plus a plastic one. I've never grated my fingers on it, plus then you have a handy bowl with a lid if you've grated too much, innit.

PigletJohn Fri 20-May-11 23:37:52

yes, I use a mouli-legumes. I don't know an English word for it. The cheap ones are tinplate and go rusty, oddly the plastic ones are better, provided thet have stainless-steel drums. You ought to get a few interchangable drums with different size teeth. They are easy to clean with a nylon washing-up brush, the trick is to clean teh drum mostly from the inside. Dishwasher will do it anyway.

tooworried Sat 21-May-11 02:27:48

I remember them now from my childhood as my mum used to have one. Must be good if it's that old! Thanks.

Atwaroverscrabble Sat 21-May-11 08:18:22

Wilkinsons have a nice barrel grater for £4! Bargain and so easy to use, 3 different blades too

pollymere Thu 09-Jun-11 19:20:00

I would recommend a good barrel type grater. Pampered Chef sell a fantastic one. You could also buy their microplane which has a special hand guard to ensure you get the last of anything. Both work on chocolate, cheese, nuts, ginger etc.

If you don't have a consultant, let me know and I can give you my web address.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: