Talk

Advanced search

Please help a novice clean her bathroom!

(12 Posts)
mollysmum82 Fri 22-Apr-11 18:18:00

I'm in a new build property and the shower bases don't seem to be level, leading to what looks like a permanent rusty puddle in one corner. I've tried scrubbing it with everyday bathroom spray but to no avail. has anyone got any good product recommendations? Oh and also for mould/mildew on the sides of my taps?

Cheers ladies

BertieBasset Fri 22-Apr-11 18:57:27

I find cillet bang works on most things but you do need to check the timings and don't leave it on too long or it starts to eat through whatever it is cleaning!

Thingumy Fri 22-Apr-11 18:59:30

I don't like chemical products but I use Domestos Grot Buster if I need to clean grout or mouldy showers.

I leave it for a least 30 mins.

BooyHoo Fri 22-Apr-11 19:00:20

cif bathroom cream. leave it on overnight.

janeyjampot Sat 23-Apr-11 08:16:59

I have the same problem. I think it's limescale. I get it off with limescale remover or the bleach that has limescale remover in it - I can't remember which but some of them do.

I sympathise with the new build issue - there isn't a right angle in my house!

Schmaffy Sat 23-Apr-11 12:13:11

cillit bang definitely!

peasizedbladder Sun 24-Apr-11 07:53:11

or good old vinager and water (a 50:50 mix) soaked onto kitchen roll and left on the limescale overnight. It saves the smell/cost of cillet bang and works far better. The limescale will rub off easily in the morning.

CeliaFate Sun 24-Apr-11 10:10:42

Kim and Aggie recommend cut a lemon in half, put salt on it to act as an abrasive then rub.

mollysmum82 Sat 28-May-11 20:21:09

Thank you everyone! I tried cif originally and it worked a treat but will move onto the less chemical methods now the hard stuff's shifted.

Has anyone tried Method cleaning products? Or are the old fashioned natural methods better?

enidroach Mon 30-May-11 13:54:34

I use method cleaners ( when they are on offer) - they smell nice but not always as effective as the hard stuff (cif/cillit/flash etc)

WhatsWrongWithYou Mon 30-May-11 13:59:53

I also use method generally but revert to the hard stuff (HG Mould Spray) when the tile grouting turns orange.

Vinegar and bicarb or lemon juice works a treat on a bit of limescale, though.

DreamTeamGirl Mon 30-May-11 22:21:47

If you are less than a year new build hassle them. As soon as the year is up they will do nothing!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: