Talk

Advanced search

Dishwasher heeeeelp!

(8 Posts)
ChickensFlyingUnderTheRadar Thu 13-Jan-11 13:15:54

The top arm on my dishwasher is not turning. There is water pouring out of one end of it, but it isn't spinning. So all of my bowls/mugs glasses are manky. Please tell me there is an easy and cheap solution? Hmmm? Please?

Poledra Thu 13-Jan-11 13:19:07

Have you taken the arm apart and cleaned it? The arms can get full of gunk, and then the water doesn't come out properly and they don't spin.

I'm not sure exactly how to take one out, mind you - 'tis one of the (very few) household chores DH is responsible for.

systemsaddict Thu 13-Jan-11 13:19:13

If it's broke, these people seem to have spares for almost anything - and video advice on fitting too - espares.

AMumInScotland Thu 13-Jan-11 13:30:44

Mine comes out really easily to clean - the middle of it is a sort of big plastic screw which goes up through the middle of the arm. Its most likely just gunk clogging up most of the holes.

ChickensFlyingUnderTheRadar Thu 13-Jan-11 13:31:57

Ah, thank you. Am off to de-gunk.

valiumredhead Thu 13-Jan-11 17:21:19

Are you using a dishwasher cleaner every month or so and running through on empty? Otherwise everything gets blocked/gunked up. Hope you can get it going again

mamijacacalys Sun 16-Jan-11 16:18:08

Thanks systemsaddict.

Just found this thread having come on here to search for advice as DH discovered the reason for manky dishes in the top basket was a broken seal in the top arm.

Hotpoint website was not helpful so will try espares.

I love mumsnet smile.

Catsmamma Sun 16-Jan-11 16:21:19

the arms often screw off the wrong way too...well ours used to!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: