Talk

Advanced search

We've got an Unflushable

(31 Posts)
PrettyCandles Tue 11-Jan-11 23:12:16

Someone has laid a log in the downstairs loo. It appears to have turned sideways and is now wedged vertically in the opening of the pipe out of the pan.

To shift it am I going to gave to get a stick from the garden and poke it to bits? Is there no alternative solution?

moaningminniewhingesagain Tue 11-Jan-11 23:14:27

stick sounds like a good plan grin

I would make the culprit sort it out though.

ducknipples Tue 11-Jan-11 23:14:36

<snigger> oh dear!

have you tried tipping a bowl of water down there and flushing a few times? that seems to shift 'em when DP leave a submarine... confused

granddesign Tue 11-Jan-11 23:46:33

You might need a bucket of water and flush at the same time! A friend's mum used to chop her brother's in half with a knifegrin

MotherJack Tue 11-Jan-11 23:51:55

You know what - I have had a whole world of shit today, from SEN dogs to SEN kids and this is the one thing that has really made me laugh. I do have some sort of cold virus thing going off so am currently sounding like a dog with croup, but nonetheless.... thank you Prettycandles. You've made my night.

Now go and fill a domestic bucket or washing up bowl with water and pour onto said turd from a decent height as toilet is flushing. Repeat as necessary. Or get a stick...

I'm now going to bed, laughing.

Thanks grin

starfishmummy Tue 11-Jan-11 23:55:01

With a bucket of water, it's best to do it from a height so stand on a stool or something similar. Or poke it with a stick.

wuggglemump Tue 11-Jan-11 23:55:41

DD did this once.
I was told to use a wire coat hanger, but they don't make such things now.

I ended up sawing a branch of the Christmas tree.
I still have the same tree, minus a branch which unclogged DD's giant poo.grin

wuggglemump Wed 12-Jan-11 00:02:05

I also have to do this at work often, and the boiling water from a height usually works.
If not, you have to go in with a plunger, or something to chop it up.

It's gross, I'd also advise not eating, ever.
If you feel you must, avoid anything brown, or wet, or poo smelling, or food.

PrettyCandles Wed 12-Jan-11 00:30:42

It turns out that the alternative solution was to leave it to dh, who - no, I can't bring myself to tell you what he did.

wuggglemump Wed 12-Jan-11 00:43:58

Did it involve his hand?

PrettyCandles Wed 12-Jan-11 10:31:26

No. Nor did it involve any implements.

Bramshott Wed 12-Jan-11 10:33:23

Boiling water from a height is good . . .

Ktay Wed 12-Jan-11 10:39:39

Glad it's sorted. If it happens again you could use a whisk like Darren did on Extras when he had Maggie over for a dinner date...

OnlyWantsOne Thu 13-Jan-11 12:32:26

wtf did he do then???

I have in the past, put my hand inside several plastic bags and retrieved giant poo...

TidyBush Thu 13-Jan-11 12:44:29

I once put my hand down the loo to deal with a similar issue that was stuck in a pan of very diry water. Unfortunately, I didn't reckon on the depth of the water being greater than the length of the rubber glove I was wearing <boak>

Since then I've used boiling water (melts the fat, etc).

So come on then what did your DH do? grin

PrettyCandles Thu 13-Jan-11 14:21:45

He pushed it onwards with another log!

PrettyCandles Thu 13-Jan-11 14:24:45

BTW Ktay, the whisk bothers me. I'm not sure I want to know what Darren did, but OTOH yesterday I found my best whisk was broken.

Is thre something dh is not telling me...?

sausagerolemodel Thu 13-Jan-11 14:25:50

This thread is perfect and should be preserved for posterity grin

Doyouthinktheysaurus Thu 13-Jan-11 14:35:45

PMSL @ 'pushed it onwards with another log!'

We have this problem from DS1. He holds in his poo then does a massive one which goes nowhere. Thankfully I have a wonderful DH who will get his hand down the pan and break it upshock

There is no way on earth you would get me doing that, I just use the other loowink

marantha Thu 13-Jan-11 14:51:53

A whisk?! What is being suggested here- a shit souffle?

marantha Thu 13-Jan-11 14:54:08

Doyouthinktheysaurus This is what happens when a person holds their poo in for too long; it just doesn't want to leave and just hangs around refusing to budge.

TidyBush Thu 13-Jan-11 14:57:43

PrettyCandles your DH must have been very confident about his own strengh IYSWIM grin

Pepa Thu 13-Jan-11 15:09:43

lmao at this thread! grin

MayorNaze Thu 13-Jan-11 15:14:14

gives a whole new dimension to the log flume ride...

DirtyMartini Thu 13-Jan-11 16:11:47

Surely this is roundup material? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now