Talk

Advanced search

What size is 'king size' and 'super king size'??

(5 Posts)
PacificDogwood Sun 09-Jan-11 13:15:48

Please help, I am confused blush.

I am at the cusp of buying new duvet/pillow covers and am prepared to spend a bit of money on them.

However, I am so bumboozzled by the sizes: our bed is 2x2m so superking or emporer sized, yes?? But the duvet is 2x2.25m which is what: kind size or superking? We have been using it with our old bed with was a standard king...

And House of Fraser do not give actual sized with their bedlinen just the blasted 'double/king/superking etc. I came v close to just ordering 2 different sized but the thought of having to send stuff back makes me loose the will to live.

TIA.

HettyAmaretti Sun 09-Jan-11 13:30:29

It's a superking, but sizes vary 2 x 2 m / 2.15 x 2.15 / 2 x 2.25 etc. etc. TBH you'd be better of buying somewhere else where size is specified, otherwise you may well end up ordering the right size and it still being wrong IYSWIM.

PacificDogwood Sun 09-Jan-11 13:38:17

Aaaaaargh - who'd've thought this would be so complicated!?

HoF's Linea 500 thread count is reduced by 70% and I do like a good bargain grin. And I though it was about time to get some 'grown-up' bedlinen and retire -DH's sheets he's had since university.

biglips Sun 09-Jan-11 16:17:24

scroll down till you get to "BED SIZES ? SHEET AND DUVET SIZES"

PacificDogwood Sun 09-Jan-11 16:54:53

Thanks for that link, biglips, it was an education re leather and PVC sheets grin!

I've placed an order for my posh sheets and will wait with bated breath what will arrive.

Ta again for the input.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: