Talk

Advanced search

Vacuum advise please!

(7 Posts)
Tw1nkle Sat 08-Jan-11 09:39:30

Hello,

I've had a dyson for the past 10 years or so, and a few years ago, my Dyson packed up.
I've been using a second hand Dyson since then, and now that too is not picking anything up - I've tried cleaning all the filters and all the parts, still no luck.

So do i buy another Dyson (as they're supposed to be the best), or can anyone recommend another brand?

I want a powerful one, and am happy to pay over £150.

soppypreggyloon Sat 08-Jan-11 10:11:50

i have a dyson and i love it! its heavy but it is very satisfying seeing how much it sucks up!
i've had it for 5 years and its still fine.

i'd get another one when it breaks but will probably persuade dh to cough up for a ball one as they look super manoeuvrable - which is a bit of an issue with my DC07. still love it tho!

Tw1nkle Sat 08-Jan-11 10:16:04

I do love Dyson, but I might try something different now, as I haven't been happy for a few years!

Has anyone got a Miele Vacuum?

Plumm Sat 08-Jan-11 10:19:31

I had a Dyson for a few years before it packed in. I bought a cheap £30ish vacuum while I waited for the Dyson to be repaired under warranty. It did the job perfectly well and I never bothered getting the Dyson repaired.

Seona1973 Sat 08-Jan-11 10:32:13

I have a miele hepa filter hoover which has different brush heads for different surfaces and I much prefer it to the dyson I had before. Miele does better in which tests afaik and mine was cheaper than a dyson too.

aviatrix Sat 08-Jan-11 10:34:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OgreTripletsAreSoCute Sat 08-Jan-11 10:36:18

Love my miele, so do lots of other people and they always do well in Which magazine, consistently rated as the best cylinder vacs.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: