Talk

Advanced search

Futon mattresses

(4 Posts)
WelshSara Thu 06-Jan-11 23:55:05

How well does a double futon mattress roll up? Could it be stored underneath a childs low bed?
Was just thinking of those nights that I lie cramped into my little one's bed, soothing her, and in anticipation of my 2.5 year old moving into the older one's room with her first ever bed, I was thinking of getting a roll up mattress for when I need to go in. It would also be used in later years to come when their friends/cousins stay over?

LovelyJudy Thu 06-Jan-11 23:59:56

you could get a thick ikea mattress pad. we have one for our double bed, and use it when friends stay for their kids (they all sleep in a row!). it's thick enough to be comfy for an adult occasionally, but thin enough to roll away. i think a double futon would be too big to go under a low (or any) bed.

WelshSara Fri 07-Jan-11 13:32:15

Judy - thanks. Haden't thought of one of those. Off to investigate on their web-site. I need to go up soon to buy the youngest daughters bed so can pick it up the same time x

LovelyJudy Fri 07-Jan-11 19:19:07

cool - glad to help. i think we have the thickest one on the website.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now