Talk

Advanced search

Slow cooker advice please :)

(7 Posts)
peachybums Thu 06-Jan-11 13:29:22

Could some of you with slow cookers give me some advice please? I love my slow cooker and its works fine giving me lovely food but...

When the cooker has been on a couple of hours i get a wet patch on my worktop on the left hand side where the steam has come out from the side of the lid. Is it normal for it to do this or am i doing something wrong? I usually just put a peice of kitchen paper at the side of it to catch drips. Its not soaking just a puddle about the size of the top of a cup.

TIA grin

Elk Thu 06-Jan-11 13:34:40

I am new to slow cooking. I only bought mine in November but I don't have any leakage from it.

iloveyankees Thu 06-Jan-11 16:52:00

I don't have a leakage from mine either

DancingOnMyBladder Thu 06-Jan-11 18:25:17

No leaks here either sorry.

Which one do you have?

bigTillyMint Thu 06-Jan-11 18:28:09

I don't have any from mine.

Is there some sort of gap where steam escapes?

DooinMeCleanin Thu 06-Jan-11 18:31:07

None from mine. The steam is meant to stay in afaik. That's what makes the meat tender and moist.

Are you filling it too full? Is the lid on properly?

peachybums Thu 06-Jan-11 19:03:10

Lid on properly and never more than 2/3 full. I have the cookworks signiture one the large 6ltr. I checked in the manual and it advised this could happen depending on how much liquid was in. Reduced liquid slightly today and it was fine and food tasted lovely still, too much liquid i think.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: