Talk

Advanced search

How to get a stainless steel sink clean?

(8 Posts)
K12Mom Mon 03-Jan-11 07:52:40

I used to have a cleaner who left our kitchen sink absolutely sparkling. However, now left to my own devices, nothing I have tried makes it look as clean or as sparkly.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks!

PatientGriselda Mon 03-Jan-11 07:57:03

What have you tried so far? My favourite thing is Shiny Sinks rubbed on hard to a dry sink, then rinsed thoroughly (with more rubbing), then the whole thing buffed dry. I'm in a hard water area and this works for me.

stickersarecurrency Mon 03-Jan-11 08:00:16

I find cream cleaner (Cif or supermarket own brand equivalent - Tesco do a stripey one which is fine) rubbed on then rinsed and polished is the best. Brings the taps up really nicely too.

RipMacWinkle Mon 03-Jan-11 08:02:06

I love bar keepers friend

I get in the supermarket with the shopping. Love it and it lasts for ages (or maybe I don't use it often enough?? grin)

SilveryMoon Mon 03-Jan-11 08:02:18

I wipe down my sink and draining board, dry it all and then rub in some glass cleaner. Looks lovely

camdancer Mon 03-Jan-11 08:19:07

I have found that a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda works miracles. If you use it with white vinegar it gets of everything off and looks fab. And I second drying it really well.

JaxTellersOldLady Mon 03-Jan-11 08:31:00

I use viakal to clean the draining board and sink, it removes any limescale and then I rinse and buff with an e cloth or kitchen roll.

K12Mom Mon 03-Jan-11 08:57:31

Thanks everyone, really good suggestions! What kind of cloth do you use, a soft one or a scrubby one?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now