Talk

Advanced search

Where can I get a nice toy box?

(10 Posts)
arabella36 Sun 02-Jan-11 10:54:44

Would like one which is nice to look at and preferably not extremely expensive!

Grateful for any recommendations

DrSeuss Sun 02-Jan-11 12:56:23

Ebay. The answer is always ebay!

KangarooCaught Sun 02-Jan-11 13:00:49

We have this one but paid £32 for it, am shocked by how much it's gone up in price.

Hwr, the dcs' toys have long outgrown & we use something else, but it worked well when they were wee.

CharlotteBronteSaurus Sun 02-Jan-11 13:04:03

this ikea one looks quite unobtrusive for a sitting room.

missmehalia Sun 02-Jan-11 13:07:07

Got a great one from eBay for peanuts, but have had to fit it with softclose hinges. I found them to be way beyond my budget, even anything from Ikea. Any local auctions? Some charity shops do furniture, though it often goes quickly.

Montifer Sun 02-Jan-11 13:29:15

We bought a blanket box (with pneumatic hinges to avoid trapped fingers) new on ebay.

Exactly the same as a toy box but without the price premium the word toy seems to attract.

TeaOneSugar Sun 02-Jan-11 13:39:53

We bought one that goes with our lounge furniture, so it blends in, it's doubles as a place to put your coffee cup, and an occassional extra seat for when we have visitors. Eventually it will become a home for DVDs etc.

I supppose ours is probably technically a blanket box rather than an actual toy box.

Orissiah Sun 02-Jan-11 16:35:07

John Lewis online have a number of nice wooden blanket boxes with pneumatic hinges. We bought this one:
http://www.johnlewis.com/230516452/Product.aspx
It's expensive at £100 but I figure its simplicity means it will be used for years...

missmehalia Sun 02-Jan-11 16:41:52

Does anyone know where I can buy pneumatic hinges? (Not cabinet hinges, ones suitable for a box lid.) We've got an upstairs box that the kids can't use because of the lack of suitable safety hinges..

sazm Sun 02-Jan-11 21:37:35

we bought a pine toy/blanket box from argos,it was about £20,its been fab

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: