Talk

Advanced search

tumble dryer - do you have to clear water out of the very bottom?

(6 Posts)
rivi Thu 30-Dec-10 18:47:25

If you do is there an easy way to do it?
Mine is in the coldest part of the house and if I don't lie down onto the floor and soak old cloths in the water that accumulates and wring them out and then soak them and wring them out (it takes ages) then the a damp smell eventually re-occurs. Sometimes I must admit I put it off for too long - not good idea!
It's a siemens condenser one if that makes any difference ie the kind that you empty the water from a long container at the top and not having a long pipe that you have to put out of a window.

JoJoMam Sat 01-Jan-11 17:18:57

On ours emptying the long container at the top is all we need to do, its kept in the cellar so also very cold. Could you ring the manufacturer and ask if this is normal, maybe you have a leak?

FlyingSquirrel Sat 01-Jan-11 17:27:19

many condenser dryers also have a hose/outlet at the back that allows you to plunb them into a drain, thus you don't have to empty the drawer because the water goes through the pipe/hose and out the back of the machine etc.

I wonder if there is a blockage/fault on yours, whereby the water is partly ending up in the drawer, and partly going out the outlet at the back.

Also, there could be a fault in teh condenser itself - do you take it out and clean/rinse it regularly? If not, a build up of fluff can block it.

onepieceoflollipop Sat 01-Jan-11 17:36:36

What yours is doing isn't right. Do you have the instruction book (or try and access it on line/ring the manufacturer?)

Re the dampness/leaking, it may well be seeping into your floorcovering/floorboards. I would suggest pulling the machine out properly and having a good look. Dry the floor out with a fan heater or similar. I wouldn't use the machine until you have sorted it tbh.

thenightsky Sat 01-Jan-11 17:39:36

I have to pull that long metal filter thing out of mine regularly as it get very smelly and gungy at the back. I try to remember to leave it out all the time the machine is not use if I can.

rivi Thu 06-Jan-11 21:22:44

Thank you nightsky just realised I haven't done that for ages problem solved. Must try to remember in future grin.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: