Talk

Advanced search

Okay where do I start?

(10 Posts)
DooinMeCleanin Thu 30-Dec-10 14:10:56

I have been ill since a few days ebfore x-mas, but I had plans for x-mas and didn't want to let anyone down, so I pushed myself to get everything done and with help of copious amounts of pain killers, cough medincine and caffiene I managed it.

However since x-mas day I have been mainly sleeping and struggling to breathe as I made myself a lot worse.

Dh has been working extra hours, so the hosue is an absolute tip. Think something off the before pictures of 'How Clean is Your House?' and you'd be halfway there blush

I have barely washed a pot since boxing day. There are clothes all over the bedroom, the kitchen is squalid and there are toys, boxes, paper, empty cans angry and cups all over the living room. The dining room also seems to be dumping ground for washing up and toys. The bathroom is relatively okay.

onadietcokebreak Thu 30-Dec-10 14:22:53

Get everyone to pull their weight.

Clothes in machine
Washing up
Big black bag.
Toys in bedroom

DooinMeCleanin Thu 30-Dec-10 14:25:15

There's only me here. Dh is at work. Dd1 is on a two day sleepover. Dd2 is as much use a soggy paper bag and just keeps grinning inanely at me when I suggest she goes around and collects all her little ponies hmm

I have decided I will start on the living room, once I have a load of washing in, then do the washing up, then put toys somewhere.

AliBellandthe40jingles Thu 30-Dec-10 14:26:57

Black bin bag for the rubbish first, and then gather up the dirty clothes.

Then put a wash on and do the washing up.

Is DH around to assist or are any of your DCs old enough?

aftereight Thu 30-Dec-10 14:27:07

I feel your pain!
Washload #1 on
Run round and collect all other dirty washing and pile in one place
Return toys to right rooms
Take rubbish & recycling out
Clean kitchen
Tidy living areas
Washload #2 on
Dry washload #1
Clean floors
When all clothes washing done, strip beds & wash bedding
Don't iron anything unless absolutely necessary
Pour wine..

onadietcokebreak Thu 30-Dec-10 14:28:46

Also be careful nit to overdo it. You will be ill again!

Rupreckt Thu 30-Dec-10 14:29:14

Set a 15 min timer

Get a binbag and clear up all the rubbish.

Pile the papers into piles to sort later.

Grab washing and stick in washing machine.

When the timer beeps, stop and make a drink and come back and tell us what you have done.

scrappydappydoo Thu 30-Dec-10 14:35:20

Takes notes - still feeling crap though so will have to live in squalor for a few more days.

My mother just popped round said I 'looked awful and really should have a good tidy up as it would make you feel better' - yes cleaning is apparently a cure for a bad cold! hmm

LoveBeingADaddysGirl Thu 30-Dec-10 14:38:01

I always feel better if the living room, kitchen and bathroom are sorted, basically anywhere vistors might see.

DooinMeCleanin Thu 30-Dec-10 14:46:04

Yes I still feel crap but I am no longer gasping for breath. My tonsils are the size of footballs though.

Okay so first load of pots is soaking, first load of washing is on, I have collected rubbish, clothes and toys from the living room.

I will do the pots, then have a coffee, the toys can stay in the dining room for now as they are piled neatly on the sideboard and I need to clear out the toy cupboard. I will put clean clothes away after my coffee.

I need to venture outside in the cold at some point to get the bins and recycling box. I will do this before my coffee and then get all the bin bags from the yard and put them in the bins and collect all the cans and bottles in.

My head is killing, I can't veen think straught, but I am at work tomorrow and refuse to start the new year in squallor. BIl is coming soon for dd2 I will send him to the shops for pain killers and lucozade.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: