Talk

Advanced search

Farrow & Ball paint

(8 Posts)
luc2011 Tue 28-Dec-10 18:38:04

hi, anyone used this paint. More pricey than normal brands but heard it looks a lot better. Any experiences using this. Thanks.

MrsSeanBean Tue 28-Dec-10 18:41:46

If you use a decorator they will try to make you use Dulux (probably because they can buy it more cheaply) but IMHO F&B is wonderful. I love the texture and the colour choices.

CybilScissorhands Tue 28-Dec-10 18:46:24

I dont rate the coverage of F and B so get my local paint merchant <Kirtsy Allsopp emotion> to mix up duplicate colours in a more resilient finish

Half the price too

wingandprayer Tue 28-Dec-10 18:50:35

Yes sorry F&B colours and finishes lovely but they are not good quality. DH owns independent shop that sells all the brands so we gave no axe to grind. You can get the F&B colours mixed using Dulux or Crown machines, meaning better durability, but they never seem to achieve quite the spot on right shade.

If you want that sort of look and those chalky finishes but better quality try something like Little Green Paint Company.

OhBuggerandArse Tue 28-Dec-10 18:52:21

Don't use it anywhere that children get to - wiping off the tiniest smudge spoils the finish [bitter experience].

Showdown Tue 28-Dec-10 19:06:35

F&B gives great finish - even if your technique is terrible and you slap it on in uneven strokes. Can't wipe clean though, as OB&A says. I have a bug stuck to one wall with a wipe mark through it.

luc2011 Tue 28-Dec-10 19:19:03

thanks for that advice. Will try maybe get the colour I want done in crown/dulux. Have 3 dc so doesnt sound like it would suit our living.

MrsSeanBean Tue 28-Dec-10 20:03:12

I've never had problems wiping down. They do a different finish for kitchen / bathrooms - is that what people have had problems with?!

Edited quote from their website:

Modern Emulsion:
Used throughout the home for ceilings and walls with a chalky matt finish ... bla bla bla ...... This is a water based finish. When complete washability, stain and scuff resistance is required, water based Modern Emulsion is the ultimate high performance alternative to Estate® Emulsion...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now