Advanced search

Frozen pipes. Aaarrrggghhh!!!

(6 Posts)
InstructionsToTheBaubles Fri 24-Dec-10 07:59:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

InstructionsToTheBaubles Fri 24-Dec-10 08:13:44

LowLevelBahHumbug Fri 24-Dec-10 08:25:56

My mum's pipes have frozen and I was googling for her yesterday. I found this advice.

mamadiva Fri 24-Dec-10 08:27:54

Good Morning and Xmas Eve

My neighbours pipes froze last year and it did'nt seem to affect us BUT she got it sorted as she was at home, we live in a Terrace and are in middle, not sure about long term though.

Do you have their number and do they know they are frozen? IIRC frozen pipes being left for 2 long can ctack and burst.

Sorry I'm not much use blush

InstructionsToTheBaubles Fri 24-Dec-10 08:59:13

dikkertjedap Fri 24-Dec-10 10:37:07

Any idea why the kitchen pipe is frozen? Are there parts of the pipe under the floor or going through unheated areas? I would try to address it straight away through closing the stop cock, then open other taps and then wherever you can get access to the kitchen pipe warming it up with a hair dryer on a low setting (if you warm the pipe too quickly in one place it can burst), also if you have an outside tap which has not been switched off and drained then this might be connected with your kitchen tap (in most UK systems only the kitchen tap and outside tap come directly from the mains, the rest goes through hot and cold water tanks elsewhere in the house). I would really sort this out as soon as possible and if necessary contact a plumber.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: