Talk

Advanced search

pillows for super king size bed?

(15 Posts)
mosaica Wed 22-Dec-10 23:32:31

Hi, those of you with super king size beds, what size pillows do you have? Do you have three across, as they will fit, or two bolster pillows? OR perhaps two pillows and lots of little cushions?

I'm finding it so difficult to "dress" my bed properly, I find the huge size difficult in terms of making it look good. But it needs to be big as I have a super king size husband!

Any tips?

TheNextMrsClaus Wed 22-Dec-10 23:35:33

I used to have a super king size bed - oh, it was heaven. We just used two regular pillows with a gap in between, pretty boring really.

louvert Wed 22-Dec-10 23:38:31

We have three across - although we do tend to make it two across and spread out into our individual sections at bed time! Did consider a bolster, but felt it would be maddening (and suspect he'd always pinch it).

beijingaling Thu 23-Dec-10 05:42:29

Check out the pillows that go with the Westin Heavenly Bed. Sadly it means you have to buy their pillow covers as I've never found other pillow covers to match.

beijingaling Thu 23-Dec-10 05:43:59

Heavenly Bed

Wordsonascreen Thu 23-Dec-10 06:58:40

We have two long ones. They cost a fortune and only the shop we bought them in have the same size pillow cases. Mind you our matress is 2 and a half foot deep (I'm only 5 foot 4 and have to climb up to bed) and the sheets for that are .. supplied only by the same shop ...

We must have had mug tattooed on our foreheads when we bought that bed.

TheProvincialLady Thu 23-Dec-10 07:18:26

We have three. One for me, one for DH and one for DS2grin

FiveFeetTwo Thu 23-Dec-10 07:45:59

We have normal sized pillows. It's the bed that's huge, not our heads! It looks completely fine.

<thinks about nipping back to bed while no one is looking>

DorisVinyard Thu 23-Dec-10 08:31:21

John Lewis sell super kingsize pillows (not expensive). We have two which are a perfect fit widthways on our 6 ft bed, then we have two normal sized ones on top of those and finally two large square ones. Bed looks a bit like Mount Everestshock. DH only likes one pillow to sleep and tosses the others on the floor at night.

NorkilyChallenged Thu 23-Dec-10 08:37:14

We got super king pillows from Dunelm Mill (not expensive), with normal pillows on top to "dress" the bed like DorisVinyard

Wordsonascreen Thu 23-Dec-10 08:50:56

yy we got suckered in the shop

[dons "they saw me coming" badge proudly]

gorionine Thu 23-Dec-10 08:54:27

we have a super king size bed, should just have 2 normal size pillows but every night DD4 and her own pillow invite themselves smile

I suppose we could actually have 3 normal ones all day long really.

Pannacotta Thu 23-Dec-10 08:54:36

White Co stocks them too and not hugely pricey
www.thewhitecompany.com/productdetails.aspx?Id=100 0854&ItemNo=DUCKFEATDOWN-MASTER&SelectedItem=NFE-0 1

There is a 20% discount code floating around somewhere on MN for WHite Co.

mollymax Thu 23-Dec-10 19:50:01

We have our two pillows with a gap in the middle for dd3 when she comes toddling in, in the middle of the night with her pillow under one arm and her teddy under the other!

baobabtree Mon 19-Jan-15 11:43:14

OK - it's an old post but I thought I'd add a new update because one of the links doesn't work.

We have two King Size pillows on our super-king bed. They're alright if you can find the KS pillow cases.

We got ours from www.alltogduvets.co.uk/white-duck-feather-and-down-pillows-90-p.asp. The feather ones are a good price but Goose Down very expensive (although they are 100% down).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: