Talk

Advanced search

New Tumble dryer - wait for January Sales?

(7 Posts)
SparkyUK Tue 21-Dec-10 09:18:22

I've decided to bit the bullet and buy a dryer. I've put it off and off for green reasons, but I am sick of living in a pile of dirty laundry and I feel like I never get any other house chores done because I am constantly trying to tackle the laundry.

Anyway, should I wait until the January sales or do you think current internet prices will be pretty much the same. I never seem to have any luck getting things in the sales.

LynetteScavo Tue 21-Dec-10 09:21:16

To be honest, they'll probably be pretty much the same.

But if you've waited this long, surly you can wait another week.

starfishmummy Tue 21-Dec-10 09:39:20

Depends how desperate you are. Mine broke down so I replaced it last week but I have an incontinent S/N 12 yo.

MrsThisIsTheCadillacOfNailguns Tue 21-Dec-10 20:01:07

We thought the same thing and gave in and bought one this week,the VAT rate goes up in Jan,which will negate any sale prices.

Sierra19 Tue 21-Dec-10 21:28:37

Although I have heard that a lot of retailers are likely to swallow the VAT increase, at least initially?

Pirateprincess Tue 21-Dec-10 22:23:12

Ours packed up too, the chap who came to look at it said if you can afford it buy a Bosch before Jan 4th (apparently that's when VAT goes up.

dietcokesholidaysarecoming Wed 22-Dec-10 17:55:17

Some retailers have their sales on now already.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: