Talk

Advanced search

Decorating a child's bedroom

(6 Posts)
gregssausageroll Thu 16-Dec-10 17:26:37

We're about to move into our own home. First one since movin back to the UK - currently in rented so we are really excited!

Being in rented means that DS bedroom has been really bland with magnolia walls and beige carpet. We want to give him a great room but are reluctant to do with blues as we feel they are a bit cold. Any suggestions for a good theme? He's 2.5.

Thanks

scurryfunge Thu 16-Dec-10 17:33:08

here

This site may give you some ideas.

overmydeadbody Fri 17-Dec-10 12:32:54

Start with something your DS already owns that will be in his bedroom and work from there.

MY DS had a beautiful duvet cover, white with large colourful animals printed on it, the colours where just amazing so I used that as my inspiration when choosing colours for his room. It is not "themed" as such, as I don't like that style, but it is colourful, bright, functional, and most definately a 7 yr old boy's room! Everyone comments on it.

overmydeadbody Fri 17-Dec-10 12:34:38

Forgot to mention, I didn't use any blue in DS's room.

Pannacotta Fri 17-Dec-10 13:13:40

I love decorating children's rooms.
I agree that using one special existing thing is a good start.
Colourful bedding/rug/blind or curtains is a good way to add colour.
Also think about lighting, perhaps get him some coloured LED string lights, and a cheerful bedside light - our DSs have a globe light and LED elephant string lights.

Wall stickers are a great way to make the room fun, there are some lovely ones available now:

www.supernice.co.uk/

Adair Fri 17-Dec-10 13:26:24

Next has some good themes (if a bit er... gendered)

Dd had a garden room (painted grass for bottom half and light blue top half. Was supposed to be a jungle room but looked more garden-y. Had flowers and bugs around.

In this house, the dc have a 'rainbow room' so basically lots of colour!! I try to get rainbow things. Ikea good source. They do have this light but we didn't change walls (one wall is purple.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: