Talk

Advanced search

Is there a cure for laziness?

(24 Posts)
arabella36 Wed 15-Dec-10 14:34:04

When I am in work I work very well. However when I'm at home on maternity leave I can spend the 2 hours of my baby's nap just lying around reading magazines or mumsnet! I could get so much done if I didn't do this.
I don't need the rest as my baby sleeps through the night and is older now so I have no excuse for my behaviourblush

Is it possible to kickstart yourself out of this sort of rut? If so, how?

welshandproud Wed 15-Dec-10 14:49:16

If there is I need some!

heartsnflowers Wed 15-Dec-10 16:23:18

flylady advice-you can do anything for 15 minutes
sometimes you want to keep going once you`ve started

arabella36 Wed 15-Dec-10 17:23:16

mmm, maybe i could force myself to do 15 mins, doesn't sound too badgrin

heartsnflowers Wed 15-Dec-10 18:29:42

shall we do it together?

strandedatseasonsgreetings Wed 15-Dec-10 18:32:01

Write a List. Very satisfying to Tick Things Off.

But I am lazy too.

Iwasthefourthwiseman Wed 15-Dec-10 20:45:17

Same here op, except my baby is still little so I need the sleep, but have a toddler too so no chance!

If I don't have a particular reason to I find it hard to get out of my pjs!

arabella36 Wed 15-Dec-10 21:04:49

Heartsnflowers, do you mean we will all do 15 mins tomorrow as a starting point? Because if so, then yes that's a good idea!!

The time I can do it is after lunch when the baby's asleep, what about you?

Wiseman - you have a MUCH better excuse than I!

Stranded - I'm brilliant at writing lists. Just not brilliant at doing the things on the list sadly

elsiemarley Wed 15-Dec-10 21:31:23

Falling pregnant (by surprise) with DC3? ...all of a sudden and for the first time my arse is in gear like never before. Possibly the realisation that this is going to be hardcore...if I don't get organised it's going to be mayhem in a few months time.

ricketyrock Wed 15-Dec-10 21:58:28

I do my 15 mins at 4.45 so that I can be ready for a guilt free come dine with me at 5.

heartsnflowers Thu 16-Dec-10 08:39:58

Hi Arabella,
Yes I have to wait in for a delivery (Snow permitting)
Have tons to do as we shall shortly be sleeping 7 rather than just 2!!

Will commmit to cleaning kitchen--what time?

arabella36 Thu 16-Dec-10 09:43:15

Hi Hearts, I plan to do some work at 1230. Will do the front bedroom. 7 to sleep over - you're very good!

heartsnflowers Thu 16-Dec-10 09:45:11

Well done Will cheer you on

3 of them are my DCs so they are very welcome home!

heartsnflowers Thu 16-Dec-10 12:44:03

are you there? -will start at 1pm as have 2 nice delivery men delivering at the moment!

arabella36 Thu 16-Dec-10 13:14:49

Hello, yes I'm here, I got carried away and did some decluttering for about 45 mins - thank you for providing the impotus for me!!

Let me now how you get on after one

heartsnflowers Thu 16-Dec-10 13:34:51

there you go -well done!!

I`ve made a start---post, lunch ,dishwasher,washing,admired new fridge!,found lost phone and put up a few cards--got to keep going -time rapidly running out!!!

arabella36 Thu 16-Dec-10 13:49:04

Well done, you've achieved a lot already!

New fridge, eh?envy

heartsnflowers Thu 16-Dec-10 14:02:30

thank you -might be time for the dice game now!

list 6 jobs you don`t want to do much,number them...you can guess the rest--sometimes its good motivation---oh dear sound a bit crazy now!

DanZZZenAroundTheTreeAgain Thu 16-Dec-10 14:03:39

I have to write lists and get a kind of thrill out of ticking off the items. It is very strange but it works for me!

arabella36 Thu 16-Dec-10 14:29:42

mmmmm, 6 jobs.
downstairs bookcase
office cupboard
drawers under the bed
put up bunting (and figure out how to!)
reorganise 2 kitchen cupboards
fill out a form

That took less than a minute to think of, and when you suggested it I thought would take ages! Just shows how much there is to do.

Hi Danzzenn, I would love to be good at acting on lists at home. Am actually v good at doing that in work. Why is it different at home? I recently found a to-do list I'd written 6 months ago and simply forgotten about

heartsnflowers Thu 16-Dec-10 14:45:29

yes that`s the idea!!!

I`m currently on number 3 -make up bed for DC2---ignoring the fact that everything that was on his bed is in the shower room !ho ho ho

arabella36 Thu 16-Dec-10 15:39:43

Ha ha - worry about the shower room later!

Rats!! If I'd known the 6 things were for today I'd have picked smaller jobswink

Have decluttered TWO whole bookcases today!

Have decided to count changing a particularly nasty nappy as one of my 6 things hee hee

heartsnflowers Thu 16-Dec-10 15:46:00

as is having a cup of tea!

Don`t burn yourself out-sounds like you are really making a difference

arabella36 Thu 16-Dec-10 16:34:00

Might have to call it a day for now. But am happy with what I've done. Hope I can keep on doing it![uncertain but hopeful face]

Thanks for your helpsmile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: