Talk

Advanced search

Sick on new carpet - cleaning tips please

(5 Posts)
sailingby Sun 12-Dec-10 19:03:11

DS was (quite extensively) sick on our new light beige (mainly wool) carpet last night.

I scraped off the worst, soaked up more with kitchen towel, then dabbed it with very diluted milton.

Today we tried Vanish carpet cleaner and some 1001 spray. There is still a mark - maybe because it's a bit damp still?

So what should we do / use if there is still a mark /smell in a couple of days? (and should we use diluted disinfectant at all?).

whydobirdssuddenlyappear Sun 12-Dec-10 19:09:48

Try Ozkleen Carpet Power. It works on spilt milk (deodorises brilliantly), so should work on sick. In the meantime, you could put some bicarb down on it for a couple of hours - that should deodorise it and help to lift any staining too.
Oh and yes, personally I'd disinfect. But before deodorising, so the deodorising stuff could take out the disinfectant smell.

sailingby Sun 12-Dec-10 20:33:59

Thanks - stupid question: how do you use bicarb? Do you dissolve it? And by how much?
And I'll find some Ozkleen as well.

whydobirdssuddenlyappear Mon 13-Dec-10 09:28:10

Just sprinkle it on then hoover it up later. Much like shake and vac. It'll absorb any moisture left in the carpet that way too.

Seona1973 Mon 13-Dec-10 12:49:02

we used neutradol powder on the area dd was sick on - sprinkle it on, leave it for a while and then hoover off. I used a disinfectant solution to clean the carpet first and left it to dry before using the neutradol.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now