Talk

Advanced search

What does a "Blitz Clean" Entail?

(15 Posts)
ClarasMummy Fri 10-Dec-10 10:01:11

Starting to nest like a mad person, a very good thing as I was contemplating calling Kim and Aggie, depression and innate laziness does not a clean house make.
Anyway, I was just interested to know what a total "Blitz Clean" would entail. Would you wash walls and hire a carpet cleaner/window cleaner etc. I want the house as clean and organised as possible by Christmas Eve (will be full term)

Any help/hints/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

DooinMeCleanin Fri 10-Dec-10 10:03:14

When I blitz I do;

skirting boards and woodwork
organise and clean inside cuboards
windows
carpet clean rugs and matresses

LadyOfTheFlowers Fri 10-Dec-10 10:03:25

That's what I have done with each of my 4 pregs.

Hands and knees doing floors, skirting boards, behind everything, bleached the whole bathroom down from ceiling to floor, shampooed carpets etc.

I could never feel 'ready' for baby to arrive unless the nest was perfect.

ClarasMummy Fri 10-Dec-10 10:27:07

I know exactly what you mean LadyOfTheFlowers. I feel like the baby wont want to come out unless it's perfect here. It's a massive old rented house though so it's a big job.
One question, the bathroom ceiling looks quite grimy for some reason, though the other ceilings are fine. How would I go about cleaning/sanitizing it, never cleaned a ceiling in my life.
Thank you both for the help smile.

Bonsoir Fri 10-Dec-10 10:29:52

I cleaned my kitchen ceiling with an e-cloth mop with an extendable handle - I dipped the mop part in not very dilute Cillit Bang bleach floor cleaner. Worked very well but was hard work!

booyhohoho Fri 10-Dec-10 10:30:26

tbh a blitz is different for everyone so just do what you want to have doen for the baby coming. we all have different standards <looks round at bombsite behind me> grin

ClarasMummy Fri 10-Dec-10 11:07:08

Hi Boooyhohoho, to be honest I just need to make the house liveable first and then ill prepare for baby, 35 weeks though so times a ticking, particularly as we're having a big family Christmas here this year.
Ergh, just want to click my fingers and make it all pristine.
Also just realised the Oven is really grim. One more thing for the list, sob.
It's my own fault really, I'm actually pretty ashamed at the state I've let it get into.

ClarasMummy Fri 10-Dec-10 11:08:09

Thanks Bonsoir for the cleaning tip, would a normal mop head work (I have a Vileda one) or does it need to be E Cloth specifically?

Bonsoir Fri 10-Dec-10 11:09:14

You need a flat mop head that picks up dirt very well. Other than that, I doubt that brand makes much difference.

booyhohoho Fri 10-Dec-10 11:11:07

claras, i feel teh same about my house but i have no excuse whereas you have a very valid one!! grin

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ClarasMummy Fri 10-Dec-10 12:14:28

I'm not sure I can afford a professional clean this close to Christmas. I might try that Oven Pride, heard good things about it on here.
As for the bathroom ceiling, might get DH to do that.
Am currently working my way through the Everest sized laundry pile, already knackered and it's only lunchtime.

DreamTeamGirl Fri 10-Dec-10 14:52:02

Oven Pride is ace.

My blitz clean is start at the top and work down, so hoover the ceilings/ corners 9what do you call those thingies that join the wall & ceiling- word has gone!), wash down the doors and gloss/ woodwork, hoover and scrub floors

LadyOfTheFlowers Sat 11-Dec-10 13:04:58

Regards the ceiling, definately the mop, it needs to be the long onesas mentioned that look like a broom rather than the stringy type.

I would be up a step ladder with a cloth but not in your current condition please!

ClarasMummy Sat 11-Dec-10 15:10:00

Yes, don't tempt me with the stepladder grin
it's so weird as I'm usually quite a slob, but come 35 weeks pregnant and all I want is to clean and bleach everything in sight. Very strange .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now